Chapter 10 - Date?

Ashley's been trying to contact Jenna ever since the party. But, Jenna just lets the calls go to voicemail or ignores the texts. There's really nothing to talk about anymore.

Unfortunately for Jenna, she has her dentist appointment today. But, it'll be her last one. Then, she'll never have to see Ashley for another 6 months at least.

Jenna finished drying her hair, before applying some light makeup.

She looked at herself one more time before heading out.

"Okay, let's get this over with" Jenna thought as she arrived at the dentist office.

She walked in, her shades covering her eyes, as she walked to the clipboard.

She glanced up, and saw Ashley looking straight at the computer.

They didn't exchange words as Jenna quickly signed her name before sitting out of sight.

"She had so much to say the last two weeks" Jenna thought, rolling her eyes.

Jenna had gotten up to use the bathroom while she waited to be called. As she was turning the corner to go back to the waiting room, she bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry" Jenna quickly apologized, holding the person steady.

She became face to face with Ashley.

Ashley cleared her throat, while Jenna quickly let go.

"I need to talk to you later, please" Ashley said quietly.

Jenna gave in, and nodded, before she continued walking back to her seat.

•••
Jenna finished her last treatment, heading back to the front counter.

"So, you're all set Jenna! We'll just schedule you to come back in 6 months for a check up" Doctor Jackson exclaimed, walking in front of her.

"Great! Thank you for all your help" Jenna politely said.

As she turned the corner, she didn't see Ashley and relaxed her shoulders.

She scheduled her next appointment before heading out the door.

As she was walking to her car, she noticed Ashley waiting near it.

"Really" Jenna thought.

"Hey" Ashley said softly as she saw Jenna approach.

"Hi" Jenna said shortly.

"Can we talk inside?" Ashley asked nodding her head to the car.

Jenna rolled her eyes before unlocking it and letting Ashley get in.

"Look, I know I fucked up. But, I just want us to be friends" Ashley said, looking at her with sad eyes.

"Why? It'll be awkward now" Jenna said crossing her arms.

"Weren't you in a relationship yourself when we met?" Ashley pointed out.

Jenna stayed silent.

"But, I broke up with her when I realized my intentions with you were more than a friend" Jenna argued.

Ashley sighed.

"I didn't mean to kiss you that night. You were just being sweet and the tension was getting to me" Ashley said.

Jenna thought about it for a moment. Being friends couldn't hurt right?

"Fine." Jenna sighed.

"We can be friends still" Jenna added on.

Ashley grinned.

"Really?" She asked.

Jenna slightly smiled, "Yeah, I don't want to make it awkward whenever I go to the dentist anyways" she chuckled.

This caused Ashley to chuckle too.

"I'll let you go now then" Ashley said.

"Alright, have a nice day" Jenna said politely.

"You too" Ashley said smiling, before she opened the door and left.

•••
A few hours later, Jenna was watching tv at home now and scrolling through her phone. A message popped up.

Ashley: I'm glad we're talking again.
Jenna: :)
Ashley: How was your day?
Jenna: Uneventful after the dentist. I took a nap
Ashley: I could go for a nap. But, I'm heading to the gym now.
Jenna: Why do you go everyday?
Ashley: I went to lose weight, but after awhile I liked feeling strong. So, I kept going and feel good when I hit my PR.
Jenna: Could never be me, I'm good with struggling while carrying boxes
Ashley: You'd probably break your fist if you ever got into a fight.
Jenna: That's just rude! When would I ever catch myself in a fight?
Ashley: You're right, someone else would probably fight for you.
Jenna: Like a bodyguard? Lol
Ashley: Something like that. You're a pretty girl, no one wants to see a pretty face get hit.
Jenna: Oh, you think I'm pretty?
Ashley: That's a friendly compliment 🙄
Jenna: Wow, she knows what emojis are!
Ashley: Are you calling me old!?
Jenna: That depends, I recall you didn't know how to work your phone a month ago.
Ashley: Touché

Jenna caught herself smiling at the banter.

*DM from brooklyngomez*

Jenna furrowed her brows, clicking on the notification.

Brooklyn: Hey gorgeous :)
Jenna: Hey there ((:
Brooklyn: I forgot to ask for your number at the party, and I've been beating myself up since then
Jenna: Is that right?
Brooklyn: Yeah, and also because Layla's been on my ass about going on a double date.
Jenna: Is this your way of asking me out?
Brooklyn: Well, if you send my your address, maybe I can ask in person instead?
Jenna: How do I know you won't kill me?
Brooklyn: We'd be Romeo and Juliet then if you happened to die first
Brooklyn: That was suppose to be cute but I think I just turned it morbid.

Jenna laughed out loud.

Jenna: I guess you're lucky I find you cute then.
Brooklyn: :D

Suddenly, Jenna jumped when she heard the front door open.

"AHHHH" She heard causing her to scream back.

"AHHHHHHhhh- MIKAYLA" Jenna said, clutching her heart.

"Sorry, sorry, Layla just asked me on a date!" Miki said falling onto the couch, swooning.

"Oh yeah? Brooklyn asked me too" Jenna smirked.

"AHHHHHHH" Mikayla screamed out of excitement.

"Y'all hit it off though, like it was a natural connection" she pointed out.

Jenna just shook her head laughing.

"Oh, since you're here, Ashley talked to me today at the dentist" Jenna brought up.

"Bro, that woman's obsessed" Miki said, looking up at Jenna.

"She's not obsessed. She just probably felt bad because she got caught" Jenna shrugged.

"What did she say?" Miki asked.

"She just apologized again, and asked if we could be friends" Jenna responded.

"Riiiight, friends" Miki said rolling her eyes.

"Yes, friends! I told you I was a good person to be friends with" Jenna said cockily.

"Bro, if you were my type, I'd try something by now. There's no way she doesn't have a motive" Miki said uncertainly.

"Well, it'd be one sided then" Jenna shrugged.

"Mhm" Miki quipped.

Jenna cut her eyes at Mikayla.

Mikayla threw her hands up in defense.

"So, when are you guys going on your date?" Jenna asked.

"Saturday evening" Miki announced.

Two days from now.

"Okay, guess we're going on a double date" Jenna said smiling.