Chapter 15 - Trouble Seeks Me

Jenna stirred awake when she heard construction workers outside. She adjusted her eyes before looking at the time and seeing it was 11am.

She turned her head but furrowed her brows when she saw it was empty.

She checked her phone to see notifications from Mikayla.

Bestie🤍: BITCH I KNOW BROOKLYN IS AT YOUR HOUSE RN
Bestie🤍: YOURE DEFINITELY TELLING ME WHAT HAPPENED WHEN YOU WAKE UP

Jenna chuckled and replied back.

Jenna: 😮‍💨😌🤭

It was read as soon as it delivered and now Jenna was receiving an incoming call from Miki.

"OH SO IT WAS LIKE THAT" Miki exclaimed as soon as the line connected.

"Possiblyyy, but I just woke up and she's not in bed" Jenna responded confused still.

"WHAT??" Miki screamed.

"I literally just woke up and the bed is empty" Jenna said in a 'you heard me right' tone.

"Well, where is she bitch?" Miki asked.

"IF I KNEW.. don't you think I'd say so?" Jenna replied with sarcasm.

"Maybe she's cooking breakfast for you guys downstairs!!" Miki suggested.

"I'll go check, I'll call you back" Jenna said, getting up.

Jenna exited her room and walked downstairs, but it was quiet.

She walked into the kitchen and saw a plate covered with a napkin and a note beside it.

Sorry to leave without a goodbye, you looked too peaceful sleeping.. and I knew you needed all the rest (; Hope the avocado toast makes up for it. Had to run in for a last minute shoot, I had fun. Text me when you're awake!

Jenna smiled at the consideration and took a bite out of the toast while pulling her phone out and calling Miki back.

As she was waiting for the call to connect, she sent a quick goodmorning and thank you for the toast to Brooklyn.

"WELL?" Miki's voice and face pops up on her screen.

"She did leave me some toast, but she's not here.. says she had to run in for a last minute photo shoot" Jenna said shrugging as she propped the phone against the paper towel holder.

"Awh.. I mean at least she made you something before she left! aaaand, I see she definitely left you other things to remember her" Miki smirked bringing her eye closer to the screen.

Jenna immediately knew there had to be a mark on her.. or marks apparently.

"Shut up" Jenna laughed.

Brooklyn: Goodmorning! It's no problem. How'd you sleep?
Jenna: Great, although, it wasn't too pleasing waking up by myself :(
Brooklyn: I would've stayed if I could! I'm sorry
Brooklyn: There's a kickback tonight if you're down?

"Brooklyn said there's a kickback tonight" Jenna said to Miki who was still on the phone.

"LETS GO" Miki said happily.

"So you can see your girlfrienddd?" Jenna teased

"Oh please, won't you be seeing your girlfriend too? Miki retorted.

Jenna shifted her eyes because she hasn't told Mikayla about what happened in the car with Ashley.

"I think we're just hook up buddies for now.." Jenna trailed off.