five

malina saw how exhausted lora looked but as soon as they were on the ice her eyes lit up again. it was like all her sadness was wiped away. malina noticed her sudden mood change and a big smile appeared on her face.

they were ice skating in silence for some time, enjoying each other's company.
"hey pinguin?", malina asked unsure, "mum told me you two had a fight, wanna tell me about it?". lora sighed.
"dad stole my money because he couldn't pay his bills and i got angry. mum said i have to understand his side but i don't". malina listened, "but doesn't dad work, he should have money". "not anymore, he started drinking again and got fired". malina took a deep breath.

"okay how about you spent the night at mine and i have a little chat with them", she offered her sister. "you would do that?", lora asked happy. she knew how much malina despised their parents.
"of course". lora practically jumped into her sisters arms, wrapping herself tight around malina.

"thank you malina", she whispered into her sisters ear.
the girls went on with skating until they got tired of it. they decided to go eat some fast food. five guys was their favorite store.

as they ate lora started to tell her sister about her friends. "it's so annoying they are all over that one footballer, everyone has a crush on him". "really, what player?", malina asked interested. lora was raging about all her friends who suddenly had a crush on a footballer.
"i think his name is neymar, he plays for paris saint german", malina chocked at her food when she heard the name.

"you okay?", lora asked worried. malina nodded. lora went on ranting about some nonsense but malina couldn't follow her words. her mind went back to last nights event.

to how neymars hands felt on her body, how his lips felt against hers, how his body felt cuddled up next to her.
"malina!", her sister said in a loud tone. malina snapped out of her stare.

"huh?". "are you even listening to me?", lora asked her. "yeah, i'm listening, it's just-", lora interrupted her, "what's wrong?"
"i think i hooked up with neymar junior last night". loras mouth fell open. "you had sex with neymar?!", she exclaimed a little bit too loud. "you don't have to scream it through the whole store", malina hissed. "sorry, but you said you are not gonna fall for men anymore, not after lenny". "i think it's time to move on", malina said, not really to let lora believe that lie, no it was to trip her own mind.

"you are so whipped"

"i am not!", malina whisper screamed. "was he at least good?", her sister asked her. "why does everybody only care about how it was". "who else asked?".
"ricardo", malina explained. "so, was he bad?"

malina smiled at her lap. "well he was not bad". she smiled like an idiot when the words came over her lips.

"i'm proud of you", lora said genuine. "thank you".

lora went on ranting about her life but this time malina actually listened and gave some comments here and then.

when it was time to go home, malina remember her promise to lora. she could spent the night at hers so she drove to her apartment.

lora was really tired after the day so she directly went to her room. after malinas ex boyfriend leander died, she quickly searched for an new apartment. she couldn't live in the old one anymore.

when she looked for apartments she made sure there was a guest room and a extra room for lora.

malina was about to send her dad a message that lora would stay at hers but instead decided to pay him a visit and talk to him in person.

she was humming to the music in her car while she drove to her parents house. when she knocked her mum opened the door for her. it was obvious that she was drunk. it was already after nine p.m. so malina wasn't surprised by it.

"malina! what a surprise, i've missed you so much", her mother said happily.
malina just nodded knowing damn well it was the alcohol that spoke and not her mum. usually her mum would speak german with her, since it was her birth language but when she was drunk she switched to english.

"where's nathan?", she asked, meaning her father. "no hello back, what's wrong with you, i didn't raise you like that!".
malina just scoffed knowing her mother actually didn't raise her at all.
"where is he?", she asked again. "he's in the kitchen".

malina walked inside and made her way to the kitchen. "where's the other one?", nathan, her dad said condescending.
"she's staying with me", she explained. "thank god, keep her". "i will". Nathan's mouth fell open. "what no you can't do that, that's my child!".

malina scoffed as she stared him in the eyes, "we both know that you don't care about lora so either you and your little slut of wife get your behavior under control or i will press charges", she threatened. "are you threatening me?". "call it what you want father". his mouth fell open but malina didn't care. when she passed the living room she saw her mum laying on the couch, passed out.

nathan was yelling after her but she didn't care. the yelling didn't scare her anymore.

when she got into her car she felt tears building up in her eyes. she tried to hold them in. she hated crying. it made her look weak, helpless. she didn't like that.

malina managed to keep her crying in but as soon as she closed the door to her bedroom she broke down. she slid down her door, crying, trying to control her breathing again.

she hated how much all of this still effected her. she was twenty five now. she was an adult and still she was laying on her floor, crying because of her family.