Chapter Fifty: I See the Light

AN: Here's the final chapter! This will be followed by a sequel to come after I've had a rest... Also, this chapter contains sexual content!

CHAPTER SONG: "I See the Light" by Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi (From Disney's 'Tangled')

Will and Emmy went up to the second level in the Imperial Grand Hotel, hand in hand with each other. The American brunette had to refrain from smiling so wide that her cheeks hurt, her heart beating with adrenaline and estrogen-filled bliss flowing through her veins.

She glanced to see Will's hand tighten around the key given to him by the maitre'd after requesting the room. A blush reddened her face as she imagined what was going through his head...

Recollecting from her previous experiences with other men, she had a good idea what it was...

And the serotonin electrified her mind knowing he desired her the way she wanted him. And the trembling heated sensation between her legs almost made her lose balance before they finally arrived to the room.

Emmy clutched the box of her new books tightly to her chest as she reluctantly released Will's hand so he could unlock the door with the key.

She heard him take a deep breath as the door opened, revealing the ornately decorated room bathed in golden lamplight. Her hands clutched onto the box to keep herself from dropping it as Will turned to face her, brushing a curl of brown hair behind her ear, his blue eyes locked on her with adoration.

"Here we are, my love." Will's voice spoke with a deep whispering tone, almost nervous but sensuous in pitch.

Emmy smiled up at him, taking his free hand in hers whilst still holding the gift box with the other so she could pull him into the room. "What are we waiting for? Let's go."

"Wait, Emmy." Will softly objected, pocketing the key so he could gently grasp her shoulder to stop her just barely from walking through the doorway. He smiled lovingly at her as she glanced at him with confusion. "I've been imagining something..."

She saw the sparkle of boyish mischief in his eyes and immediately knew what he was thinking. A joyous squeal erupted from her lips as she was swept up into his arms with chivalrous care, her body cradled to his chest as Emmy situated the gift box in her lap and her other arm folded around his neck.

"Is this totally necessary, Corporal Schofield?" Emmy giggled, her fingers caressing the fine hairs at his nape.

"I want to get my practice in. Perhaps the next time you let me do this... I'd have to marry you first." Will crooned in her ear before imprinting a lingering kiss on her forehead.

Emmy absorbed the context of his words, a dreamlike smile gracing her features as their eyes met, Will continuing to hold her securely in his toned arms as he carried her over the threshold, kicking the door closed with his foot.

"You must be tired of carrying me around like this, Will." Emmy teased, reveling in the feel of his elegant suit fabric as he walked into the center of the room, facing the decorously made bed. She began to wiggle her legs, kicking her feet up to signal that she wanted to be placed back on the floor.

"Never, my darling. I would never tire of any chance to hold you in my arms, to assure you that I'll always keep you from harm." Will delicately lowered his arm hefting her legs up underneath her knees, settling Emmy back into standing on her own two feet.

She sighed, stretching her legs before setting her gift box onto the floor at the base of the bed. Will went to make sure the door was locked, ensuring their privacy.