𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔹𝕖𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕗𝕦𝕝

Chapter 5: Young and Beautiful

After a tiring school day almost a month later, Lex trudged home tiredly, thinking of all the homework he still had to complete. His phone dinged in his pocket repeatedly, but he wasn't alarmed since he knew from who they were. At least it was a Friday today, he thought. Reaching home, he unlocked the front door, and threw himself inside, nearly making the vase that sat on the table of keys near the door topple over.

"I'm home!" He shouted as he walked to the kitchen. He immediately turned around and headed for the stairs when he caught his sister and brother-in-law. "I'll be in my room if you need me." His face was flushed, and his steps were hasty as he entered his room.

He threw his bag in the corner, a loud thud sounding. As soon as his door was closed, he pulled out his phone, laying on his belly on his bed. He, lucky for him as he had homework to complete, had no chores and had already cleaned his room. He opened up the group chat he had been wanting to contact and read all the messages sent to try and catch up.

When he was caught up, he typed a message.

Hey guys!

Schools over for the week

I'm so excited to do nothing today

Mat-tea

Hey Lex!

Fernilious💙

Hiiiii Lexxxx

You don't have plans today?

Nope!

I wanna sleep, eat, watch something and then sleep some more

Mat-tea

Lucky, I have a lot of work to do

Jealousy~

Fernilious

I'm trying to finish the assignment I'm working on so I can leave a little early for a party I'm going to

That's great, enjoy~

Fenilious

Thanks

Well, I gtg now, but we'll chat later, yeah?

Mat-tea

Yeah, sure

I have work to do too

That's sad, sucks to be you

😀

Fernilious

🙃

Mat-tea

😭

Smiling, Lex plugged his phone in to charge. Mateo, who he had initially messaged, became their friend after Lex told Fern about his interest in him. Fern was luckily open to chatting to him too, creating a group for them to enjoy each other's company.

Lex had since learnt that Fern was 22, a university student and majored in Law and Psychology. He was a fun-loving specimen and he hoped to find someone he truly loved, even if they stayed friends. Mateo on the other hand, was a little more secretive, only revealing that he was 25 and that he worked as a transcriptionist for a good company.

Lex rolled around on his bed before pulling out sweatpants and removing his clothes, sleeping in only the pants he chose.

His phone ringing was what woke him hours later. Groaning, he picked the device up and stared at the screen. He cursed Sam out under his breath for disturbing his sleep before picking up. "Yes?"

"Hi Lex. How are you?" Came on the other side of the phone. The nineteen-year-old rolled his eyes. Sighing, he got up and out of his bed, walking barefoot to his window and pulling apart the curtains. The sun was starting to set so it meant that dinner was soon.

"You only ever ask that if you want something. What is it this time?"

"You make it sound like I'm only friends with you because I use you." Sam sighed on the line, giggling about something afterwards.

With furrowed eyebrows, Lex leaned against the windowsill. "Well..." Sam only giggled more. "What are you even doing? Are you with Skyler and Avalon?"

Sam laughed. "Yeah..." He cleared his throat. "Anyway, I wanted to ask, would you like to go out with me? I'm going to this party, but Sky and Ava won't be there. I don't want to go alone."

Lex sighed. "Why won't they go?"

"They're going on a date."

Lex laughed at the whiny tone Sam's voice took. "Without you?"

"That isn't the point." Sam sighed again, shooing Avalon away in the background. "So, what do you say?"

"No."

"What? Lex, please?"

"No, I want to sleep." Lex shrugged as if Sam could see him, going to his closet to see what he could wear to the party.

"Seriously? So, sleep is more important than your best friend?"

"Pretty much. Now hang up, I wanna get to my bed already." He said into the phone, an outfit in his arms.

"I hate you." Sam sighed, unaware of Lex's smile.

"I'm sure you do. See ya later!" And he hung up, chuckling. His outfit was completely simple, a white sweater, black jeans and white sneakers. After showering, he got dressed, putting on a little perfume on the base of his neck and the insides of his wrists.

With a flick of the lights switch, his room was dark, and he left the place, walking down the steps to the dining room to enjoy dinner with his family.