𝔹𝕠𝕟𝕦𝕤: ℍ𝕠𝕦𝕤𝕖𝕨𝕒𝕣𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕘 ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕪

Bonus: Housewarming Party

"Isn't it a little too late now?" Fern peered at him over the rim of his coffee mug. The cafe was warm, a welcomed sensation from the chilly Autumn weather outside. Amongst the chatter of other customers, Lex could hear the clattering of Mateo's keyboard as he typed away, making final edits to a document he was yet to print later today. After a questioning hum from Fern, Lex clarified, "It's been nearly three months since we moved into the penthouse. Don't you think it's a little too late for a housewarming party."

"Better late than never," Mateo replied from next to him, reaching into his hoodie pocket to retrieve his phone. "Besides, I think it's understandable. We're all busy, with you two going to uni and me working, so we didn't always have time to perfect our home, and that's fine. Don't worry about that."

"He's right." Fern nodded, giving Lex a reassuring smile. 

Nodding, Lex finished his own drink, wondering what their party would look like and what he could contribute.

Lex loved his new room. It was more spacious than his older one, though he loved the cosiness of the old one too. This one had a built-in closet and bathroom, not that he minded sharing a bathroom with his boyfriends, and he had a balcony with a view of the city, which he took advantage of at night for stargazing.

He loved their kitchen the most. While Fern was hopeless in the kitchen, he and Mateo worked well together while cooking when they had their family dinners together. Fern tried sometimes, but he seemed to prefer sitting on one of their white stools and watching them work. "He's giving us heart eyes," Mateo had whispered in passing one evening while Lex was reaching for something in a cabinet.

Another thing he loved about their house was the small library they had. Mateo insisted they dedicate that empty room to being used as a library/study since Fern had had one in his old bedroom. Fern spent most of his free time there, either reading or sketching and when he felt comfortable enough, he'd show them some pieces he worked on. 

He especially loved Mateo's room, mainly because it had the biggest bed, which they used to sleep or cuddle in. His room was minimally decorated, modern and sleek and it held a touch of simplicity all the same. Where Lex had posters on his walls, Mateo had pictures of them together, and his family. Where Fern had colourful sheets and walls, Mateo black, blue and grey walls and sheets.

All in all, he was happy with what he currently had. 

Lex hummed along to whatever song was playing through the speakers in their living room, slicing strawberries into thin slices that'd be used to decorate the sides and top of his cheesecake. He was excited for his boyfriends' reactions, smiling to himself as he thought of the possible ways they'd thank him.

After covering his cake in strawberries, he covered it with a glass cover, placing it aside to start dinner. Mateo would be home soon to join the cooking if he wanted and Fern was somewhere in the house, probably doing homework.

Just before dinner was ready, hot pots of food simmering over low heat, Lex felt arms wrap themselves around his waist, a hot mouth pressing kisses along his throat and cheeks. "Hey." It was Mateo, back from work. Smiling to himself, Lex turned around, kissing Mateo square on the mouth. 

"Hi. You're home." He ran his hands up Mateo's arms, noting how his tie was loose around his neck and his blazer was not on his body. "Tired?"

"Mhm," Mateo hummed, forehead flush against Lex's. "I missed you. Both of you."