𝕊𝕦𝕟𝕤𝕖𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕧𝕖𝕣

Chapter 15: Sunset Lover

The sun was beating down on their backs, the sand soft under their feet and between their toes. The air was warm because of the Spring weather but as they got closer to the shore, the wind picked up, blowing their clothes and hair around. Lex was on Mateo's back while Fern held onto Mateo's hand, occasionally leaving kisses on Lex's forehead and hands.

It was still around noon, crowds of people dotted around the expanse of the beach. They were having a small conversation on what they liked to do on dates, giggling about the cliche things they mentioned.

After dipping their feet in the water for a while, Mateo led them to a seafood restaurant, the strong smell of salt and the sea hitting them like a fresh new wave. He ushered them to a table for four, removing the extra chair and putting it at another table. A waitress came up to ask for their orders, waiting patiently and jotting down the foods of their choice.

While they waited, Mateo showed them photos of himself when he was younger, his form lanky and thin, doing different jobs and activities to earn money. He spoke of a group of kids he supported now who performed at different functions and places, singing and dancing. Lex was excited learning that there were people Mateo knew who sang, and Mateo smiled, promising Lex to introduce them.

When their food arrived, they ate happily, telling stories of different things, and Fern told of how his best friend's husband had served her breakfast in bed, preparing a bath for her and taking her on one of the most cliche dates ever. "I found it cute though."

Mateo looked up from the calamari he was eating. "You like things like that?" He asked after he swallowed. Fern nodded, cutting up the fish on his plate and stuffing it, along with some fries in his mouth. Mateo nodded too, stealing a piece of tomato from Lex's plate. "What else do you like?"

Fern laughed. "Uh, I like reading a lot, so going to one of those bookstores with cafes in them is nice. You know, while having a cup of coffee and someone reads to you. But that's so... I don't know, cheesy. Rooftop dates," he chuckled, "Just watching the sun set while with a partner also seems cute to me." He clutched a hand around Lex's, running his thumb across his knuckles.

"You're blushing," Mateo commented teasingly, adjusting Fern's glasses on his nose. Lex snapped a photo of the moment, Fern staring at Mateo with blushing cheeks while Mateo was smiling almost smugly at him. He pocketed his phone in his shorts' pockets and waited quietly as he had already finished his food.

"And you, Lex?"

He looked up at Mateo. "I think anything sweet that my partner does for me is nice, to be honest. Anything simple, too." He smiled at him, and Fern poked a dimple out of habit. After the three finished up and had a few deserts, Fern and Mateo argued until they both ended up splitting the bill before they left and walked around on the beach some more.

Mateo wanted to treat them, taking them to a hotel for the day. At the hotel, he booked a room, but they didn't use it, opting to go to the spa for a much-needed massage. There was only one masseur available, so they had to wait as each one got a massage. Fern and Matteo waited as Lex got his massage, the youngest male almost falling asleep. Fern decided to go last and when it was his turn, he openly flirted with the masseur being the confident gay he was.

The masseur laughed and smiled back just as flirty because Fern was just that irresistible, his charm, smile and looks, but to Mateo, the way he massaged Fern was way touchier and more sensual than it was supposed to be, but he kept quiet, planning on dealing with it later. When their massages were over, they decided on sitting in the sauna for a while, letting the steam relax their muscles further.

Mateo pulled Lex to his wet chest, his toned arms securing the boy in his hold. "Are you okay?" He noticed Lex had started getting quiet throughout the day, but the boy nodded.

"Yeah, just tired, is all." And it wasn't a lie. Mateo pecked his temple, but Lex didn't let him pull away, bringing him closer by his neck and pressing his lips to Mateo's. Mateo's chest rumbled with a laugh, but he kissed Lex back, holding onto his waist. Fern watched with a smile, regretting the fact that they couldn't bring their phones in the sauna with them, but that was reasonable.

He thought over the times before the three of them started dating, before Mateo met them, to the times when it was just him and Lex. He could admit that Lex was sweet, cute and almost everything he could want, but there was a lot missing. Not that he expected Lex to have everything he wanted, since he was such a complicated being. But when Mateo agreed to being with them, he could see that he'd finally have what he was looking for.

He was a wild and weird creature by nature and Lex was not as outgoing and loud as he was, but with Mateo he could be his wild and weird self without worrying that he was overwhelming the next person, and with the both of them, he was a balance of both, and it seemed that the two liked it that way too.

They all decided on going back to their hotel room, sitting on the balcony and watching the sun set, dessert bowls empty and discarded in the far corner. Lex sat across Fern's lap sideways while Fern himself was being cuddled by Mateo from behind. When the sky darkened, they went inside, pulling the glass doors but leaving it open just a crack.

Lex had thrown himself on the bed on his belly, legs and arms spread. When Fern wanted to jump on top of him, Mateo stopped him, telling him to sit on the couch that faced the bed. With scrunched brows, Fern made a move to walk around Mateo.

"Sit." Was all Mateo said instead, pointing to the couch. Something switched inside Fern and he, almost immediately, sat down on the couch, nodding slowly. He picked up one of the couch pillows, pulled it to his chest and waited for further instruction.

Mateo clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "Don't think I've forgotten about you."