𝕚𝕔𝕖.𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞

Chapter 20: ice.cream

The next morning, they were all awoken by a loud blare coming from within the mass of tents. Everyone was startled awake, walking out of their tents groaning and moaning like little children wanting to go back to their afternoon naps. Mateo stood outside, fully dressed and ready for the day with his smile on display.

Lex loved him, he really did, but some of his traits he really didn't love as much. Like how he wanted to be early for everything. He knew he was lying to himself by thinking that, but he was grumpy due to being awoken so early. Fern greeted him outside his tent with a peck to his temple, then he dramatically yawned and sat himself down on the ground, slouching his shoulders.

"Alright," Mateo started. "Matt and I will start breakfast. He's already started actually. The rest of you each have ten minutes to freshen up. If you all rush now, the bathrooms won't be as full, and the water should still be hot."

Lex groaned, walking up to him and giving him a hug after kissing his cheek. "You sound like an old schoolteacher." And he walked away without sparing another glance at him. Entering his tent, he searched his bags and pulled out his toiletries and a towel and rushed to the bathrooms. He found almost all of them occupied and spotted Fern ready to walk into the last one. 

He rushed to his side, ready to beg him to use the shower before him to have a chance of using the last of the hot water. "We can just go in together." Fern suggested after they argued over who could go in since neither Fern nor Lex wanted to use cold water. A blush crept up Lex's neck and face, spreading to his ears. 

"Right," he answered. "Yeah, let's... let's do that."

They entered the stall, locking the door behind them and hanging their dry clothes and towels over the door. When they turned the water on, they were relieved to find that the water was still fairly hot, and stepped under the steady stream, ready to wash themselves of the previous day's grime.

Fern took it upon himself to wash his lover's hair, spreading the peach scented shampoo all over his head and massaging his scalp. Lex sighed under Fern's touch, closing his eyes and gingerly taking a step back. Fern continued to massage his head, rinsing his hair out. Lex returned the favour, washing Fern's hair, staring at his relaxed face. Once his hair was all clean, Lex kept his hands in Fern's hair, pulling him closer and pressing his lips softly to his.

He moved his lips slowly against the other boy's, feeling it being reciprocated. Fern's hands found their place around Lex's waist, squeezing lightly. It was clear that they'd become very close to one another, and it was obvious to others as well. Maybe, at times, Lex would feel bad, because they weren't the only ones in their relationship. Mateo was there too, but he felt as though he grew closer to Fern than he did Mateo and he made it his mission to grow even closer to him.

He knew he loved them both, he just had to show it more to Mateo.

Fern kissed at his top lip, allowing the younger boy to take Fern's bottom lip into his own mouth and suck lightly. The older moaned into his mouth, enjoying how he would nibble on his lip from time to time. Lex pulled back for air, but it didn't last long before he went in again, kissing him with more fervour than before. 

He slipped his tongue into Lex's mouth, smoothing it over Lex's tongue and around his mouth. He would've backed the boy against one of the walls, but he didn't want to imagine how unsanitary that would've been while his lips were still attached to Lex's. So, he made do with kissing him senseless. 

Lex moved back again, taking in deep breaths to calm his erratic breathing. Fern's mouth was sucking marks on his shoulder, Lex's hand on the back of his head. Fern's own hand was fisting some of Lex's hair that had grown quite long. Lex knew he needed a haircut since his hair constantly got into his eyes or tickled the back of his neck near the space between his shoulder blades.

Lex gulped when Fern reached the spot on his neck that made him weak in the knees. "Fern I... We need to hurry up. There are others who-" He cursed under his breath. "Who need the showers too." Fern hummed against his skin, but he still continued to suck a little too long on that certain spot. 

He detached his lips, smiling and closing the tap. He picked out one of their towels and started drying them both off before handing Lex his dry clothes to dress. They left the bathrooms, approaching their tents where the smell of food wafted through the air and laughter and chatter could be heard.

Lex squeezed the hand that was in his. He hated having to go hiking in such warm weather, but if he complained any more than he already did, he knew Mateo would get annoyed even if he would never show it so as not to hurt him. Mateo squeezed his hand back, smiling in encouragement. "We're almost there, I promise."

Lex nodded even as he'd been told that the past three times. At last, Mateo stopped at what looked like more trees and more dirt and more of everything they'd already passed by. Fucking nature and trees and air. "You've got to be kidding me."

Mateo chuckled. He turned to the rest of the group, beckoning them over and leading them a little further until there was a visible trail to follow. When they did, they reached a small cliff with a lake just below it. The view was amazing, golden light pooling everywhere that made everything look almost magical and out of a fantasy movie. 

There were little birds in the trees above, but that wasn't much change from what they'd already walked pass. Small flowers spread around the cliff and moss covered every rock and surface, making it soft to the touch. Lex's face broke out into a smile and the group around him laughed in excitement, ready to soak themselves in the large body of water after getting heated in the blazing hot sun.

Eero was the first one stripping of his clothes. "Is this why you told us to bring extra clothes with us? You could've just told us to bring swimming wear." Lex whispered in Mateo's ear. 

"Would've ruined the fun." Mateo answered, smiling down at him and pecking him on his lips. Lex blushed like a schoolgirl confessing to their first crush, throwing Mateo a questioning look. 

"I don't need a reason to kiss you, do I?" And before he could answer, Lex felt himself being kissed again. Repeatedly. All over his lips, nose, cheeks, forehead and longer on his lips.

"I hope you know I really love you." Mateo whispered.

"I do. I love you just as much, if not more." And before Mateo could argue that he loved him more, Lex was already stripping himself of his clothes, cannonballing into the lake underneath them.

Mateo could only smile at the two he'd fallen far.

Everything was great, wasn't it?