11-- Carmela

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
School!

I thought out loud. There was nothing to like about school, well except when I get to go to the library or when I have English or biology. But everything else is just pure torture, from the students to the teachers. Every single second spent in school was just pure torture.

Despite what I always faced at home, you would think school would be an escape for me but it was just the same, although the people who hurt me there were people who didn't even know me.!

I sighed as I straightened my skirt which stopped right above my knees. There's no way I was wearing that!

With a last glance at the mirror and fitting as much hair as I could in my beret i later decided against it as I put on a beanie Instead, I let out a sigh then went downstairs.

"Why are you wearing that?" That was Niccolo.

I looked down at the black skin tights I had put on with the white sneakers Alessandro gave me yesterday which was surprisingly fitting.

"I was uncomfortable in the skirt...." I replied my eyes fixed on the ground while the boys attention were on me.

"Niccolo I think it's okay, she's allowed to wear whatever she feels like!" Emilio quickly jumped to my rescue.

"Come on let's have breakfast before we leave for school!" Alessandro turned to me as he pulled a seat beside him excitedly.

I sat between he and Niccolo and across Lorenzo who just gave me a slight nod and a smile.

"Soo uhm what do you want to eat?" Emilio asked as he rubbed the back of his neck. I couldn't help but look up at Roberto,did he even feel bad for what happened last night?

As usual he wasn't even looking at me.

"I want this" my eyes lit up at the box of cereal. I only ever had it once in a while and that's whenever I would visit Noah. I really liked it alot.

He gave me a small smile as he poured some into a bowl with some milk.

As soon as I took a spoon to my mouth I felt eyes watching me and dropped it. They all looked away.

I really wanted to ask them what it was about but decided against it as it was probably none of my business.

When I was almost finished with the cereal I concluded that the only type of food I could properly eat was definitely cereal. I heard Lorenzo give a satisfactory sigh.

After minutes of uncomfortable silence I decided to finally speak up.

"I want a change of name" I knew Vincenzo was the head of this house and every decision was taken by him but I was looking straight at Lorenzo.

"What!? Why?" Lorenzo asked as he raised a brow at me.

"I mean y'all have these similar names but I have an American name I mean who ever heard of a heaven cassano...." I trailed off and chuckled nervously.

Lorenzo just let out a hum and turned his face to look at Vincenzo as if telling me to ask him.

I turned to look at Vincenzo and saw his brow raised and his eyes boring into mine with a look as if deep in thoughts. I don't know why but I felt myself raising a brow back at him.

"See I told you you both were similar!" Niccolo whispered to me and I quickly looked away from Vince.

"Carmela" Vince finally spoke up after minutes of awkward silence and me regretting why I brought up the matter in front of everyone.