⁵ the bloody truth

—

MADELYN SAT RIGHT OUTSIDE THE KITCHEN WRITING IN HER NOTEBOOK, she glanced up from her schoolwork for a moment to see ms. jessel writing something down beside her before looking back down,

"how are you and miles?" ms. jessel asked, just checking in with the younger girl, madelyn slowly turned her head up to the beautiful young woman before she spoke,

"uh, i mean... we are good, nothing bad has happened if that's what you're asking" she clarified for ms. jessel, madelyn still honestly felt on edge around miles, her trust was weary with him, but she didn't want it to be, she clung to him.

he was the only friend she ever had, so she didn't want to lose him no matter what.

the only thing that she wanted to make go away was quint, she hated him more than anything, and madelyn wasn't someone who felt hatred, but she genuinely wished quint would simply burn in the pits of hell and get out of her life.

but staying with them was still the best bet she had, she was a fifteen year old orphan, she didn't have much options.

"good, just come to me if you need anything or if he starts acting like that again" ms. jessel said to madelyn who smiled at her, but before she could respond, miles came walking into the kitchen.

he opened the fridge before grabbing a water bottle out of it and looking over to madelyn, who was doing school, which caused him to start smiling, "you doing math right now? need any help?" he asked as he walked over to her, putting both hands on her desk and leaning over it.

"no, chemistry" she said as she looked up at him with a small smile, causing miles to scoff before he responded, "yeah, which is a bunch of math, tell me what you're stuck on" he said as he pulled a chair up, sitting down in front of madelyn's desk.

ms. jessel smiled as she watched the two teenagers interact. madelyn turned her paper around, pointing to number five with her pencil, finally admitting that she was having problem with the schoolwork and she needed help.

miles looked at it before taking the pencil out of her hand gently and beginning to just do the problem for her, causing ms. jessel to look up from her desk before speaking,

"miles, don't just do the work for her, actually teach it to her if she needs help" she softly said, still smiling as she watched them interact—-happy that everything was okay now, no more fighting.

there was already enough fighting with quint in the house...

"shhhh, no one needs to know. i'm a good friend so i just do the work for her" miles said as he turned around to face ms. jessel, making madelyn laugh as she watched the interaction.

flora came running into the room, "miles!" she shouted, still excited that her older brother was finally home, since she had found out that he was home, she didn't want to be away from him.