⁶ tainted glass

—

A WEIGHT FOUND ITSELF CRUSHING MADELYN, she laid in her bed, completely sprawled out as she zoned out while staring at the wall, disassociating from the painful reality around her.

the ringing that filled her ears made her head feel like it was vibrating, her vision was blurry and her body was entirely numb—-she couldn't move, at all. she was so beyond exhausted.

madelyn truly couldn't tell if she was asleep and dreaming, or if she was trying to go to sleep and she had just been staring at the wall for the past twenty five minutes, she didn't even know what was going on.

that was, until miles fairchild himself came walking into her bedroom.

"maddy" he began gently, not sure if she was sleeping or not as she had her back facing him while she laid in her bed, not to mention that her lights were turned off as well. the only light illuminating in her room being the one from the moonlight.

she heard his voice... but it sounded like it was underwater or a million miles away.

"hmm" was the only thing she managed to reply with, indicating she was awake as she didn't move from her position on the bed. miles shut her bedroom door behind him before he began quietly walking over to her bed before sitting on it.

"i wanted to talk to you, about everything that happened earlier" he said gently, she slowly rolled over on her bed, laying on her back to look at him—-he found himself narrowing his eyes as he stared at her,

"are you really tired?" he asked her, seeing that she could barely keep her eyes open. madelyn managed to nod her head slightly, "yeah but don't leave" she croaked out in an exhausted tone of voice, causing him to sigh for a moment.

she never wanted him to leave, not again.

she wanted him to stay forever.

"listen, i only got into a fight with that kid because he started shit with me..." miles began explaining himself, "...he burnt the pictures of my dad, every single one maddy..." he explained while shaking his head, causing madelyn to narrow her already squinted eyes.

"it just filled me with rage, nothing but red hot anger and i couldn't even control myself, i wanted to kill him, and i almost did" miles honestly explained to the girl that laid on the bed, she didn't move as she stared at him, listening to everything.

"i'm sorry for lying to you, i just didn't want to even talk about it because it made me so upset" he said in a genuine tone of voice, madelyn stared at him for a moment before she finally found enough strength in her body to reply,

"i accept your apology" she said, causing miles to let out a genuine sigh of relief at her words, he didn't want to hurt her... not anymore than he already had in the past at least.