⁸ that it almost feels good

—

MADELYN FOUND HERSELF SITTING IN FRONT OF HER AUNT AND UNCLE, who were back visiting to try and argue about her coming to live with them from now on.

she sat across from them at the kitchen table, her knees up to her chest as she angrily glared at the couple who didn't respect any of her boundaries, waiting for them to say something, to say anything at this point.

the silence was purely deafening.

"okay, let's cut to the chase. what do you want?" she finally found herself breaking the silence between the three of them, her uncle, james, sighed as he leaned forward in his seat, crossing his hands on the table.

"you already know what we want, the more you resist, the harder it becomes..." he began, causing madelyn to sigh before he continued, "...for you and for us" her uncle concluded, madelyn swallowed thickly at his words.

"why do you even want me? you don't know me, you don't know what i'm like" she spat at the slightly older couple, her aunt leaned forward in her seat, "we know you're a good person, we can see it, you should be with your family" margaret, her aunt stated.

but madelyn shook her head, before slamming her hand on the wooden table angrily, shaking it as she stood up out of frustration,

"both of my parents have been dead for years! you don't get to just show up years after, knowing they have been dead and decide to take your pick of their kid after i have been alone for years, suffering because YOU. DIDNT. TAKE. ME!" she exploded, screaming at them and finally letting it out.

silence fell between them, madelyn had tears of frustration in her two different colored eyes.

until sniffling was heard between them, her eyes shot to the left and saw her aunt full fledged sobbing with her head down, causing madelyn to scoff before she turned around, her eyes rolling as she did so,

"oh good lord jesus christ" she muttered out of annoyance at the pure dramatics, rubbing both of her hands on her temples in some sort of attempt to wind herself down and keep herself sane, exhaling audibly as she did so.

"there's another reason..." her aunt said through her sniffles, causing madelyn to whip her head around and face them, throwing her hands up and letting them fall down at her sides loudly, shaking her head as she stared at them,

"all it is is surprises with you two! you guys whip out 'another reason' every time! i'm sick of the lying!" she snapped aggressively at her aunt and uncle, who just stared up at her with saddened expressions, not saying anything.