7: Battling on Thin Ice!

Nina POV:

While Ash and Serena caught up with each other. I began to clean my Pokemon, and soon enough we were joined by Pikachu and Fletchling who were wiped clean by Clemont and Bonnie. While Alexa wiped her face and then stroked Helioptile and Noivern cleaned its wings. Soon enough we heard the two "lovebirds" laughing. I looked over and gave Serena a smug smile, Ash then got up from his hunched position and ran over to the far end of the battlefield.

"Alexa, can we have another battle please?" Ash asked, as Serena ran over to the sidelines to join the rest of us.

"Okay!" Alexa said, standing up from the bench she was sitting on as Pikachu and Fletchling ran and flew over respectively.

"It's not like me to get all down on myself, I can fix all of this by not giving up!" Ash said. "Nina, will you be joining?'' he asked me.

"Nope I already have a strategy for dealing with Gust but thanks anyway Ash," I smiled.

"Alright great!" Ash said.

"Ready to go?" Alexa asked, as Noivern landed in front of her. Pikachu and Fletchling both got into a ready position.

"Noivern use Gust!" Alexa called. The Sound Wave Pokemon roared before letting off a strong gust of wind using its wings, this in turn blew Pikachu and Fletchling back.

"Stay strong! Don't give up!" Ash yelled as Pikachu and Fletchling struggled.

"Get your foot in Pikachu and Fletchling keep your balance!" Ash called as Pikachu hung tight by pushing his tail into the ground.

"Alright! Pikachu's using its tail!" Serena said.

"Great! In that position, Pikachu should be able to keep its footing!" Clemont added.

"Keep up the good work!" I cheered, meanwhile, Fletchling who was still struggling adjusted its tail feathers to keep its balance.

"Wow, look at that! Fletchling's flying lots better now too!" Bonnie said.

"It's adjusting the angle of it's tail feathers to control how the air flows around it," Clemont said.

"Now Pikachu use Thunderbolt, and Fletchling Razor Wind!" Ash called as Pikachu fired Thunderbolt and Fletchling fired Razor Wind.

"Alright Noivern, dodge it!" Alexa called as Noivern dodged both attacks.

"Awesome! Looking good you two!" Ash said.

"Looks like you're getting the hang of it. But I'm not finished yet! Use Gust again!" Alexa said as Noivern flapped its wings again a couple hours later it was sunset and everyone was tired from the training.

"Wow Alexa, that was some really helpful training! Thank you for everything!" Ash said

"Save your thanks until after you defeat my sister and win your first Kalos gym badge," Alexa said.

"Right. I'll do my best," Ash said, as we all went inside the Pokemon Center where we were now eating dinner.

"We've both got a good defense against Gust now," Ash said through munches.

"Oh yeah, I can't wait until tomorrow," I added.

"So that means um... now you both need to figure out the Ice battlefield and Sticky Web and Psychic," Bonnie said.

"I've already figured out how to deal with the ice battlefield," Ash said.

"So have I," I added.

"Yeah! What are you gonna do?!" Bonnie asked, pushing herself onto the table