8: Giving Chase at the Rhyhorn Race!

Nina POV:

As we were hiking through Santalune City Ash had just asked Serena a question.

"So Serena, where are you headed from here?" he asked, as we all turned back to look at her.

"Uh, me? Well I... uh, I'm..." Serena mumbled, before she was interrupted.

"Why don't you just come along with us?" he asked.

"Yeah, that will be fun! Come on with us, we'll have a great time!" Bonnie smiled

"Yeah, sounds like an excellent idea to me!" Clemont said.

"Yeah, come with us," I agreed.

"Thanks to you, I came up with my Santalune Gym strategy, And if you could help me from here on out, uh, It would be great," Ash said, sheepishly itching his face a bit.

"Hmm, Sure! How could I say no to all that?" Serena said, winking at us.

"Alright!" Ash smiled.

"Yeah, that's the spirit!" Clemont agreed, as I ran over to the other girls.

"Come on!" Bonnie said, pulling Serena.

"Let's go!" I said, pushing her.

"Ash, Nina, you're both planning to travel to the Cyllage Gym next aren't you?" she asked.

"Yeah," Ash said, as I nodded in agreement.

"Well, I can show you how to get there," Serena said as she brought out her guidebook.

"Ta-da! Here's where we are now, Santalune City, but look here Lumiose City is between us and Cyllage City, so we have to travel back through Lumiose City before we get there," she said as we all looked at the GPS on her guidebook.

"I guess you're right," Ash said.

"Great, There's a boutique in Lumiose City with the cutest clothes, And there's an awesome bakery that has the best pastries you've ever tasted!" Bonnie and I looked at her in awe. Normal clothes shopping was already great but doing it with other girls was even better.

"What are we waiting for? Let's hurry up!" Serena said, taking off.

"Yippee!" Bonnie cheered.

"Let's Move it guys!" I said to Ash and Clemon, running after the girls.

"Clemont, step on it!" Ash cheered running after me.

"I'm doing my best!" Clemont said, already out of breath. After leaving Santalune City we were walking through a forest. I also brought out Togepi because I wanted it to grow closer to me.

"Long as we're going to Lumiose City, I'd really like to take a shot at a Lumiose Gym battle," Ash said.

"Oh yeah, that's a great idea, maybe we can go skydiving again!" I said, with sparkles in my eyes.

"Well it's probably a good idea to keep in mind that you haven't been in the Kalos Region long. And that you haven't been a trainer for very long. I've got an idea why don't you utilize this time to catch another Pokémon," Clemont suggested.

"Yeah, that's a good point. Now where's my next Pokémon hanging out?" Ash asked. I thought, then suddenly remembered something.

"Oh Trubbish!" I said, hitting my head.

"Nina what's wrong?" Clemont asked.

"Well you see. My grandpa promised me that the day I won my first gym badge I'd give him and my mum a call. One because they want to see my progress. And two they wanted to give me something," I explained.