20: Awakening the Sleeping Giant!

3rd Person POV:

Continuing on their journey the quintet we re hiking through another route on their way to the next town. Eventually they came across what looked like an ancient looking castle wall. It could only mean one thing! They had finally reached Camphrier Town.

"So this is Camphrier Town," Ash smiled.

"The town map says it's a place where you can taste the ages," Serena pointed out.

"What does taste the ages mean?" Bonnie asked.

"It means the town has a wealth of history with a lot of old buildings still standing," Clemont explained.

"My grandpa told me some of them date back to over a thousand years old!" Nina smiled at Bonnie. Suddenly the five of them heard a loud roaring sound, and quickly shoved their hands over their ears.

"So loud!" Bonnie cried.

"My ears!" Serena screamed.

"I'm gonna go deaf!" Nina yelled.

"What a terrible noise," Clemont wailed.

"Yeah, wonder what it is?" Ash questioned, then suddenly the sound stopped.

"That's weird, it stopped," Bonnie said.

"What a relief," Serena sighed.

"For an old town it sure is loud," Nina commented. Looking around Clemont found a resident who seemed completely unbothered by the loud noise peacefully sweeping the path in front of her house.

"Hi excuse me, but what was that awful sound just now?" Clemont asked her. No response, she ignored him, and he nervously sweatdropped. She looked up and made a gesture for him to speak up. "Uhhh, excuse me,"

"Oh I'm sorry! Just one second," she said, pulling earplugs out of her ears.

"I was wondering if you knew what that terrible noise was just now," Clemont asked.

"Oh that noise," she smiled weakly. "Follow me," she said walking away. The five kids exchanged looks before following her. She took them to the town square where there was a makeshift sunbed. "Look, over there," she pointed at the sunbed where underneath there was a Snorlax.

"Snorlax?!" Ash questioned.

"Never seen one before!" Bonnie said, getting excited.

"Hmm," I said, taking out my Pokedex, and holding it up to Snorlax.

"Snorlax, the Sleeping Pokemon, after eating its fill Snorlax is too sleepy to move. Small children sometimes play on its belly,"

"I'm certain that the sound you heard was Snorlax snoring," the lady explained.

"But why is it sleeping right in the center of town?" Clemont asked

"This town and Snorlax have always had a symbiotic relationship," she smiled.

"Symbiotic?" Ash questioned.

"She means they help each other out," Clemont explained.

"Right," she smiled. "Every year about this time Snorlax comes down from the mountaintop to eat all the crop roots that are left over after we've finished our harvest,"

"Wait," Serena interrupted. "Isn't that a bad thing?" she asked.

"Not at all, in fact as Snorlax digs up the roots it plows the fields which gives us a good harvest the next year," she answered.

"Wow," Ash muttered.

"Then, when Snorlax is almost finished eating. We have a harvest festival as a way of showing Snorlax our gratitude for its help. At the close of the festival the lord of Shabboneau Castle plays the Poké Flute while Snorlax finishes up the Town's offerings. And then it dances ll the way back to its mountain-top home," the villager explained to them