12. Jeongguk

Jeongguk was getting back home after the break-up when the ambush happened. His apartment door was unlocked once again, and Jeongguk sighed; he really ought to ask Seokjin for his key back. But when he stepped into the studio, he realized that Seokjin wasn't alone. Sitting on the bed next to him was also Hoseok, and one of the chairs was occupied by Yoongi.

Jeongguk gaped at them. "What are you all doing here?"

"We felt that a little intervention was in order," Seokjin replied, hands crossed over his knees.

"You felt," Yoongi replied. "I was against it, for the record. It's none of our business."

"Whatever it is, it's clearly affecting Jeongguk, so it is our business," Seokjin stated.

Jeongguk frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"You, yesterday evening, kissing Taehyung and then fleeing the scene". Seokjin looked dead serious, for once, and Jeongguk, gawking, felt his stomach drop.

"You... I... what? I didn't..."

"Yeah, don't bother, because Hoseok saw you."

Jeongguk, white as a sheet, turned to Hoseok, who shrugged apologetically.

"Yeah, sorry. Had I been sober, you know I would have kept my mouth shut, but I was completely hammered. In fact, I don't even remember seeing the two of you kiss, but apparently I tattled to the whole party about it."

"Fuck", Jeongguk groaned, crouching on the floor and cradling his head in his hands. "Fuckitty fuck."

"It is true, then?" Yoongi asked, looking slightly curious. "I thought they were making it up. Whatever happened to I know him from high school and I fucking hate him? What about Eunwoo?"

Jeongguk stared at the three of them, looking expectantly back at him, then sighed and took a few beers from the fridge, handing them to his friends, who just shook their heads, not commenting about the fact that it was only three in the afternoon. Then, he got up, grabbed the other chair and sat heavily on it, beer in hand.

"Whatever happened to I don't want to talk about it and told you so?" he finally asked, feeling a brief flash of satisfaction at the sight of his friends lowering their eyes guiltily. After a pregnant silence, he added, "I broke up with Eunwoo. Just now, in fact."

"Oh," Seokjin whispered. "I'm sorry, Jeonggukie."

"Don't be. I brought it all on myself." Jeongguk kept silent for a moment, hesitating, before finally asking the question that was plaguing his mind. "What did Taehyung say about it? Did he say anything at all?"

"Yeah, he told us to shut up and stop talking about it," Seokjin replied.

One point to Taehyung.

"We're just worried," Hoseok tried. "You've been down for the past month or so. We just want to know how we can help you."

"Or you just want to know, period," Jeongguk snapped, before instantly regretting his flash of temper. "Sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I'm a bit stressed, and Taehyung is stalking me at work, so..."

"What?" Hoseok exclaimed. "Stalking how?"

"Signed up for private lessons I'm contractually obligated to give him."

"I thought you guys hated each other? Why would he do that?" Yoongi asked, looking nonplussed.

Jeongguk grimaced and rubbed his face, sighing. "We dated. Kinda."

"What do you mean, kinda?"

"Well, because we weren't really. It was just a bet or something like that, nothing more. His friends dared him to come and ask me out. It was just a joke. To him, at least."