Epilogue

* * *

One beautiful October morning, Jeongguk woke up in the best way possible; in Taehyung's bedroom, with Taehyung's slumped over him, after a night full of great sex, taking advantage of the fact that Hoseok, Taehyung's new roommate after Jimin had moved in with Yoongi, had left on a tour.

Yet, as soon as Jeongguk opened his eyes, he felt a crushing anxiety wedge its way into his mind.

He tried to push it back and snuggled tighter against Taehyung, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't stop thinking about it.

One word: wedding.

As a general rule, Jeongguk didn't like weddings. Well, he'd never been to one, actually, but introverted as he was, he already had trouble with parties, where he never felt quite at ease; and weddings were nothing else but enormous parties full of strangers and boring ceremonies.

When you knew the groom or bride, you could at least feel happy for them; but Jeongguk didn't know Hyungsik nor Ara very well. Ever since they'd met in the street, a few months prior, he'd seen them again once, during a double date organized by Ara, but as always with strangers, he'd been a bit shy and quiet, that evening.

And now he had to go to their wedding. Where he wouldn't know anyone except Taehyung - no, scratch that; where the only people he would know, Taehyung excepted, would be the ones who used to laugh at him back in high school and who had dared Taehyung to go out with him and then dump him.

He'd forgiven Taehyung for that, but he didn't have to forgive his friends, too.

"I can hear your heart beating like crazy", Taehyung mumbled in a sleepy voice, head on his chest. "What's got you worrying so early in the morning?"

Jeongguk jumped. Lost in his thoughts, he hadn't realized Taehyung was already awake.

"Hey," he whispered, smiling at his boyfriend. "Slept well?"

To Jeongguk's amazement, five months into their relationship, Taehyung didn't show any sign of planning to leave him, and although it still looked a bit too good to be true, Jeongguk was starting to relax and let himself enjoy what they had together.

Waking up with Taehyung, although a regular, if not daily occurrence, was something he could never get tired of.

"Always do, next to you," Taehyung replied, pushing himself up to hide his face in Jeongguk's neck and kiss him, to which Jeongguk, chuckling, didn't emit any objection. "Now tell me what's wrong."

It was one of Taehyung's superpowers about Jeongguk: wherever they were, whatever they were doing, he had like a sixth sense about his lover and was always able to tell when something was wrong.

Last time Jeongguk had asked him how he did that, Taehyung had shrugged and replied, "I'm always watching you. I know."

And wasn't that a better proof than anything that Taehyung really did care about him.

"It's the wedding, today."

"The wedding? Oh! Hyungsik and Ara's! Man, I completely forgot about that."

"Lucky you," Jeongguk sighed. He had been dreading it for the past two weeks at least.

"You know you're not obligated to go, right?" Taehyung raised his head, leaning on his elbow, to take a better look at Jeongguk. "They'd understand."

"I know that, but we already said we would go. I don't want to stand you up and let you go there on your own."

"You're not standing me up, since I'm the one telling you you can stay. I don't want you to be uncomfortable, Gukkie."