15. Taehyung

The training session that took place the following Friday was probably the weirdest to date, and that was including the very first one, when Jeongguk had been so angry at him for signing up and trying to make it personal.

It was different today. Jeongguk was still as cold and standoffish as he usually was, but he wasn't snappy, and there was a strange tension between them that Taehyung had trouble identifying for a while, before realizing it was awkwardness. Jeongguk was embarrassed when he had to correct his posture or show him how to properly do an exercise.

About halfway through the session, he mumbled: "Stop looking at me like that."

"Like what?" Taehyung breathed through his series of twenty squats.

"Like you want to fuck me."

A little smile played at the corner of Taehyung's lips.

"I do want to fuck you, though," he pointed out. "I'm not sure how I'm supposed to look like I don't."

"You're being deliberately obtuse," Jeongguk grumbled. "If you can't look like you don't, then stop looking at me altogether."

"I really don't want to. I like looking at you. You're beautiful."

Instead of blushing, as he would have seven years ago, Jeongguk scowled. "I'm your teacher. This is unethical."

Taehyung got up, thighs burning, and wiped his brow, noting that Jeongguk was trying to avoid looking in his general direction.

"Don't recall you saying anything about it last Tuesday. A bit late now, isn't it?"

Jeongguk didn't seem to know how to reply to that. When Taehyung stepped closer, he took a step back. It was almost cute.

"Want to do it tonight?"

"What?" Jeongguk spluttered, eyes snapping up to his.

"I mean... we could... if you want to, of course. Jimin's staying at Yoongi's tonight, which means I'll have the apartment all to myself. I've got a nice double bed. A nightstand fully stocked."

"I told you I didn't think it was a good idea," Jeongguk mumbled awkwardly.

"Yeah, I know. It's up to you. Show up or don't, I'm not forcing you to do anything."

Jeongguk stared at him in disbelief, before shaking his head.

"Ok, that's enough. Back to the exercise."

He wasn't going to show up. Just in case, leaving the gym, Taehyung still took a detour to buy condoms and lube (he'd lied a bit when saying the nightstand was fully stocked. In fact, it was in dire need of resupply, which Taehyung hadn't bothered to do since he'd broken up with his ex-douche, a few months earlier) but he knew Jeongguk wasn't going to show up.

So he almost jumped out of his skin when the interphone rang, around ten o'clock, long after Taehyung had decided to come to terms with the fact that he was going to spend the evening alone.

It could still be an accident, a pizza delivery guy pushing the wrong button, an office worker having forgotten his access badge and trying to be let inside. Don't get your hopes up, Taehyung, he thought, still running towards the door. Why didn't he and Jimin choose an apartment with an interphone equipped with a camera?

"Who is it?"

"It's me," Jeongguk's unmistakable voice replied.

Taehyung's heart jumped erratically in his chest. Hands shaking, he buzzed him in, and found himself pacing during the minute it took Jeongguk to come up and knock on his door.