Part 22 - The Proposal!

Its been a few days since Rahul and Tanisha's wedding. And Karan, Monami, Faizi, Sanju and Sid were back in the academy.

One night after dinner, Faizi asked Sid to meet him at the terrace alone. Sid fell a little suspicious but still made his way to the terrace.

Sid entered the terrace but found it pitch dark. He turned around to go back but suddenly a hand pulled him behind the water tank. Before he could scream or even make a noise, a hand covered his mouth.

Someone: Chillana mat, mai hu

Sid recognised the voice

Sid: Umm umm

Someone: Kya bol raha hai

Sid tapped on that person's hand and signalled him to remove it from his mouth and he will not shout. The person removed his/her hand only to Sid's horrified expression.

Someone: What? Aise kya dekh raha hai?

Sid: Dekho bro, mai straight

Someone: What nonsense?!

Sid: Aap mujhe yahan ek dark place pe akele leke aaye ho. What are you exactly trying to do?

Someone: Dimaag thikaane pe hai ya baich khaaya?

Sid: Matlab?

Someone: Kaisi baatain kar raha hai tu?

Sid: Yeh toh mujhe poochna chahiye... Aap kya kar rahe ho bro... I mean sir

So the person is Karan

Karan: Woh sab chhod aur idhar aaja chup chaap. Light chali gayi hai terrace ki, maddat kar

Sid nodded and followed Karan towards the switchboard and found Faizi already trying to repair the fuse. The three men somehow managed to repair the damage safely and informed the electrician to check it in the morning.

Then the moved towards the parapet wall with hot coffee in their hands, starting their main point of discussion.

Faizi: Toh ab hum uss mudde pe aate hai jiske liye hum yahan ikattha hue hai

Sid: Ishraab ishraab

Karan: Woh irshaad hota hai. Aur waise bhi yaha koi mushayra nahi chal raha hai

Faizi (teasingly): Toh tum hi bata do kya chal raha hai?

Karan: Bakwaas band kar aur point pe aa chup chaap

Faizi: Theek hai. Toh Sid tum toh jaante hi ho ki Jaanab Ji ko Monami - Tsunami se pyaar, mohobbat, ishq, love, ashiqui...

Faizi continued to give adjectives to Karan's love and Sid was listening to it with the most excitement and jumping like a fool. In a normal scenario, a normal person would usually shy away from these teasings, but here Khadoos Shergill was getting irritated by these two men ,who were still boys/teenagers.

Karan (cutting him and being irritated): Aage badhe?!

Sid: Ha... yes

Faizi (being irritated): Toh seedhi baat yeh hai ki Karan ko Monami ko propose karna hai aur tumhari help chahiye

Karan: Itna seedha - seedha bhi nahi bolna chahiye tha yaar Saandh

Faizi: Toh na decided kar lo. Bechari Monami - Tsunami, paagal na ho jaye kahi tumhare saath

Karan: Chal ab zyada gussa mat kar

Sid: Bros, aage badhte hai

Karan: I'm not your bro!

Sid and Faizi: Sir!

Sid: Okay, so the plan is (plan muted)

It was the next day, and according to the plan Karan asked Monami to come with him and visit Baby as she was in Deolali with Param and Barkha. They went to the Shergill's for lunch and spent time with Baby. As it was winter time, it got dark sooner. They left back for the academy around 7 pm, but Karan moved towards a hill top. Monami kept nagging him and asking him about where they were heading to.

Karan: Shanti rakiye Rani Shaiba. Aapko lagta hai aap poochti rahengi aur mai bol dunga?

Monami (muttering): Khadoos Shergill

Karan: Maine suna

Monami: Maine sunane ke liye hi bola

Karan just shook his head at her childish antics and thought that what has he gotten himself into. Soon it got really dark and as they were going on a hilltop. The road did not have any street lights, so the only source was the headlight of the jeep. Just before they were going to reach their destination, Karan stopped the jeep and tied a black cloth on her eyes, even after a lot of her protests. But nevertheless, he accomplished his "mission" and drove the jeep to the hill top. He helped her get down and made her stand. Soon, he removed the cloth tied around her eyes. She took a few moments to adjust to the surroundings, but the view was something that the had never witnessed before in her entire life.

It was a place lighted up only by fireflies! There were only trees all around and fireflies till where your eyes can see

It was a place lighted up only by fireflies! There were only trees all around and fireflies till where your eyes can see. Monami was just mesmerised seeing all this. She did not notice that Karan was not around her.

Monami: This is just so beautiful Karan!

She turned around when she got no response and found another view that she'd never witnessed in her entire life! KARAN WAS ON HIS KNEE! WAS HE PROPOSING TO HER!!

Monami (whispering): Karan...

Karan: Monami, you are the one I wanted to find, to tell that I need you all my life, from this day on till the rest of my life. Only you, you're the only thing I'll see forever. In my eyes, in my words, and in everything I do, your sight is the only sight that will ever bring me peace! I LOVE YOU

By the end of this, she was already in tears. And when he finally confessed those three magical words to her, she couldn't control and bent down and hugged him tightly.

Monami: I LOVE YOU TOO KARAN!

She confessed truthfully, still in his embrace. He caressed her hair with one hand and rested the other on her back. They broke the hug and he planted a soulful kiss on her forehead expressing all his love in that one moment.

_____________________________________

Happiest New Year Everyone!

May this year bring love, health and happiness in your lives! Stay happy and healthy.

Thank you so much for all the love and support all of you have showed on this book. I started writing as a hobby, but now a spend most of my free time here.

I wanted to inform you all that I'm ending this book here. But in the new year, I will publish a new book with a new plot. Till then, have the best 2023!

Love,
Tanvi