Chapter Nine.

Every day it got harder, training was ten times the work I made my team put in when I was captain, and I would be lying if I said that Aidan wasn't a good coach. He was surprisingly, he knew all of our weaknesses and used it against us.

Everyday I came back muddy.

London weather.

Once I ran all my laps, I make my way into the lockers only to find out that the showers were all closed, meaning I have to walk home muddy and all. I sling my gym bag over my shoulders, the rain has slightly settled down, but the mini droplets do not go unnoticed.

A figure suddenly walks beside me, I do not even need to look to know who it is. Aidan. Just by the strong scent of cologne, my fingers tighten around my bag, and I close my eyes.

"You stink." Aidan mumbles, whilst signing.

I look to his ears to see no hearing aids, instead he glances at my lips waiting for a response. Ever since I met Aiden, he has just been staring at my lips-I know it is for him to lip read but it has made me somewhat self-conscious about them.

They were not big or plump like the other girls, bigger on the bottom than the top more like.

"No shit sherlock." Once my sentence finished, he smiles.

I wonder how it is for him, how it feels to not hear anything around you-do you become more self-aware of your surroundings? We walk in silence, our hate for one another swarming the air. Almost poisoning it.

Aidan walked with his hood on, his hands tucked into his jacket and gym bag slung across one shoulder.

My phone vibrates, I glance down and see Elias texting me.

ELIAS: Mine? Tonight.

YOU: Yes sure, just left practise.

ELIAS: Alright, text me-I'll book you an UBER.

I look to my side and see Aidan no longer there; I pause and look around to see that he has disappeared. Scratching the back of my neck I continue to make my way home.

As soon as I unlock the flat door with my key, I notice that the front has been covered in a mound of guy shoes. I shut the door behind me and hang my gym bag on the coat rack before going inside, assuming Jake had invited his friends. The entire crew is present when I look inside the living room.

"Charlie!" They all wave and greet me as I give them a tight-lipped smile, Mike chucks a jellybean at me, and I catch it with my mouth.

"Why are you so dirty?"

"I had football, I'm going to a friend's house actually-I'll catch you guys later."

I notice that Elias is booking me an Uber in thirty minutes from now, I rush to my bedroom and strip of my clothes. Wrap a robe around my half naked body and rush to the bathroom, the moment my hand touches the handle-so does someone else. I look up and see Aiden standing right beside me.

"No, the shower is mine." I speak, he rolls his eyes-pushing me to the side-I obviously push back.

"Move Charlie."

"No! You move." We both fight over the handle.

He takes a breather before the door opens and we both trip in, I trip over my robes belt and fall first. I grip Aiden's shirt to prevent myself from falling, but because I startled him, he becomes unsteady.

My back slams against the carpet, and a big weight topples on top of me.

Aiden is moulded into my body, his eyes lock with mine and our noses brush against one another as our lips hover. His eyes flick from mine to my lips, "Aiden..." I whisper, his eyes lock with my lips, "Aiden..."