Chapter Twenty

ENJOY! MAKE SURE TO VOTE!

He is so serious when it came to work, he acts how he has always acted with me to be honest. I grab the last of the footballs and shove them into the bag, pushing my hair back whilst doing so. "Well, well-Charlie." I slam the door close and lift the handle to lock it after putting the footballs bags inside.

I take the keys out of the lock and shove it into my back pocket and turn around to see Lilly standing right in front of me. What a shocking surprise, emphasis on the shocking. Her arms were folded against her chest, her blonde hair tightened into a low bun.

The sad thing is, she still thinks we are in high school. "Lilly."

"Long time no see."

"Wished it would have been longer." I give her a knowing nod and then turn away, Charlie, ignore her.

Aidan's assistant Marian approaches me holding a clipboard and leafing through the documents. "Charlie! Aidan needs to speak to you and Lilly in his office. Good thing I caught you both, saved me a trip."

"Okay." Lilly smiles as she walks past me, almost skipping to Aidan's office.

Reaching his office, Lilly knocks on the door causing Aidan to raise his head, he signals us to both sit down in front of his very well put together office. I settle down on the left whilst Lilly on the right, "so Coach, what can I do for you?"

Marian finds her way inside with three files, she hands two to Aidan who thanks her as he flicks through them.

"Coach?" Lilly says again.

"Be quiet." He said annoyed as he throws a file to me and another to Lilly, it was our files. "England is being signed into the world cup this year, I need you to update your files and hand them to Marian by tomorrow morning."

The world cup.

How on earth did Aidan get us into the world cup when we have been rejected many times because of our score sheet, "and Charlie will be captain." My eyes widen, and Lilly releases a soft gasp in shock.

"W-w-what?"

"You heard me."

"But Charlie-"

"But Charlie nothing, she will be captain as she has put the most effort into wanting her team to succeed. I gave you the chance and you played me like a fool by acting like a child." Aidan leans forward with his hands in a ball against the table.

"Yes Coach." Lilly whispers.

"Leave. Charlie, I need you to sign these." Lilly stands up and for some reason, I felt bad for her. She exits the room along with Marian who shuts the door behind her. We give it a second and then lock eyes with one another.

"You're not just giving me captain because we're-you know-dating." I whisper, Aidan raises a brow and puts a whole stack of papers on the desk.

"No, I'm professional when it comes to work. You're a good captain, a good team leader but you need to work harder." I nod my head and stand up, "I need you to take these home and sign each and every slip."

"Okay."

"By tomorrow." I nod my head.

"You're not coming?"

"No, I have a few things to deal with." I look around and see nothing but an empty hallway, I circle around the desk and gently kiss Aidan on the lip. He kisses me back, his hands wrapped around my wrist.

"Okay, see you." I whisper, grabbing the stacks of paper before heading out of the office. I look back and notice Aidan staring directly at my ass, I close the door behind me and make my way back home after grabbing my kit.