Chapter Twenty Five

Shifting the two bags of take away into one hand whilst using the other to open the apartment door, I make my way inside the hallways. I slide my shoes off and settle the food onto the side table as I take my coat off and hang it. "Charles, I got us Indian instead-Turkish were closed."

I yelled out as I pick the plastic bags again, my foot presses into glass. I gasp and glance down to see shattered pieces of my blue vase all over the ground. My eyes widen, I drop the food instantly and rush into the living room.

The entire thing was trashed, everything from the plates, bowls and glasses to the wine bottles and vodka. "Charlie!" I shout her name as I rush into the bedroom, which, was also torn apart. My iPad was on the floor, the screen smashed.

And I did not even need to think twice.

She knows.

Fuck.

My fingers rush through my hair as I circle around the room, I immediately slide my phone out and phone Jake. He does not answer the first time, so i call him again.

"What do you want?"

"She knows. Charlie knows." I hear Jake shuffling through the phone.

"How!"

"She went through our messages." Jake whispers swear words, I rush to the front to grab my keys from the counter-only to notice it is missing. "She's drunk." The open bottles of whiskey. "She took my car too!"

She's drunk driving.

This could ruin her.

Ruin her career and life.

I end the phone on his face and grab my second pair of keys before dashing out of the apartment. My legs just took over and I ran, knowing that Charlie is not in the right mind to be driving right now. And anything could happen.

I decide on not taking the elevators and instead, ran down the stairs of the block.

I reach the garage, pushing my pin in before the doors open.

I open the door and slide inside my car as I exit the garage.

I drive in the direction of her father's grave, thankfully the roads were empty because of the late time. I reach the bridge, only a couple of minutes away from the grave until i see my car parked in the middle of the lane. The door open, the lights on. I push my foot on the brake and see Charlie sitting on the edge with her feet hanging above the sea.

I exit my car without even thinking and rush to her.

"Charlie!"

I yell her name.

A bottle of vodka sat beside her as she stares out into the open.

Bright lights come into view, and I knew that it was Jake.

He also stops the car and exits like a mad man, but I raise my hand for him to stop.

"Four years of my life, you both lied to my face."

She speaks.

My hearing aids begin to damage because of the rain, and every sound became fuzzy or somewhat glitchy. "I blamed myself-day-not-fault." I glance at Jake and point to my hearing aid-he understands that I am not able to hear a thing she says.

But she turns around for some reason and looks me right in the eyes.

Not Jake.

She barely even acknowledged him.

She looks at me.

Mascara drips down her cheeks, her eyes were red-and she looked so emotionless. Her hair was soaked into her skin, her lashes were crumpled, and her lipstick is smudged. I wanted to reach out and push her into a hug, knowing that she has not gotten into an accident or hurt herself in any way.