Chapter Nineteen

There was a bright white spot at the cloud's edge that caught the sun like a page flipping. The rest was a dove grey colour with a thin purple undertone that served as a sunset signal peeping through the open tent, I open my eyes fully and see a blanket thrown over my body.

I look to my side and see Aidan sleeping with my naked body draped around his, i remember how our conversation ended last night.

"Okay Charlie, we'll try."

"And no one can know."

"Not a single soul."

"Just you and me?"

"You and me."

And then we had the best sex in the world, kept ourselves up all night. I graze his face with my hands.

Hang on.

Sunset?

I shoot myself up and grab my watch from behind me to see that it is four in the afternoon. "Aidan!" I shout, only to realise he doesn't have his hearing aids on.

I nudge him with my foot as I stand up, he groans and opens his eyes-looking around the tent to see me grabbing a shirt from his luggage to put on.

He grabs the watch from behind him and looks at the time before also shooting up, he clearly forgot how tall he is because the tent begins to fold. Now we looked like bread under a tablecloth, he lifts up the tent from the top as I throw him his shirt and joggers.

We were meant to be back at the camp by now.

We returned to the forest and started our journey back to the camp after packing up our belongings and struggling to fold the tent. We had no time to waste, so we were both walking while brushing our teeth. My brother is probably worried dead.

I tuck my toothbrush back into my bag after rinsing my mouth with water, then I begin to tie my hair back into a bun.

Me and Aidan are now dating, it's weird.

I pledged to never date a man in my life, nor to fall for anyone.

I had sex and conversation with a lot of men, so why is when Aidan and I had it-things changed? "I fucking hate camping." I speak as we reach a fallen tree the size of an ogre, Aidan easily jumped over it whilst I struggled, and he watched me struggle.

I throw one leg over and use my other foot to kick me over.

Aidan just grabbed the back of my shirt and pulled me over it easily, I land on my feet and push his hands away. "I could have done it."

"But you didn't, did you?"

"No but I was about to."

"We have no time to spare, we're so fucking late."

"Late for a good reason," I smirk.

Aidan looks back at me, and I could just see his lips lifting in the corner. I reach his side and he pulls me closer to him, his arm thrown over my shoulder. I intertwine our hands together, and glance up at him.

"Don't look at me like that Charlie." He warns me whilst looking back at the map.

"Like what?"

"Like you want me to fuck you right here, right now." I shrug my shoulder, indicating that I wouldn't mind. But even if i wanted to, we couldn't because we had to get back to the camp before anything happens and it gets too dark. We were basically speed walking at this point.

"Why is your name Charlie? Isn't that a boy's name?" He asks.

"Because my dad thought I was going to be a boy and guess why he thought that."