Chapter Twenty Four

A knock on the door wakes me up gently from my nap in the middle of the evening, I slide the covers from over my head and look towards the door to see Aidan. He pushes the door open even more, holding a box in his hands as he walks in.

I sit up against the headboard as he settles the box in front of me whilst sitting on the edge of the bed, "hey..."

"Hi..." I whisper.

"So, Jake dropped these boxes of your dads things that was in his room...he felt bad." I raised an eyebrow as I moved the box toward me while crossing my legs. I open the lid and place it next to me as I search the contents for a photo album.

"Oh my god..." I gasp as I flick through the pictures.

"What is it?"

"Pictures-of me and dad...I thought mum had them-hey, how about we go to living room, a bottle of wine and flick through these?" I ask him, I haven't been so kind to Aidan. He's been nothing but kind despite my pretentious behaviour.

Aidan nods his head as he helps me move the boxes to the living room. He then walks into the kitchen as I sit on the couch. Aidan joins, and I grab the throw blanket and encircle my legs. He raises my legs so I can rest it on his lap while he hands me a glass of wine.

I rest my head onto his shoulder, his fingers stroking my back as we go through the pictures.

"That's when dad broke the TV and tried to blame me."

Going through these pictures with Aidan almost felt as if he was meeting my dad all over again, I would tell him the stories of every photo in this album and for some reason-it felt good.

It felt good bringing the good memories of dad.

I close the album book and set it aside as I sip from my glass of wine, Aidan strokes my bare leg with his thumb. "So, what's going on? In that head of yours about the Jake situation."

"He's my older brother-you know-I love him, but his words hurt me so much Aidan."

"Our actions hurt him more." Aidan was right, as much as I hated Jake for that night- i could not blame him. I am dating his best friend of over twenty years or more, but I don't care because Aidan makes me happy. Everything about him.

I have not had this feeling of happiness since dad's death.

I drink the rest of my wine and set it to the side, "the World Cup is in three days-if you want me benched for missing training then I understand."

"You're not being benched Charlie, you're the best player there."

"Don't just say that-"

"It's not because we're together Charlie."

"Aidan, what even are we?" He looks down at my mouth, taking in the question.

"I'm not a relationship person Charlie, and I know you're not either. But I hope you'd accept to be my official girlfriend." He signs something, and I instantly recall it.

I love you.

"You love me?" I whisper.

Love.

Aidan brushes my cheeks with a feeling I once thought did not exist and that I could never have after my father passed away. I push the book aside and put my lips right next to his. As his tongue moves along with mine, his hand grabs a section of my hair and deepens it.

Our exchange of saliva, groans and touching bodies said it all.

We needed one another.

He pulls me on top of him, and I feel his cock harden against me.