~|♡ 17 ♡|~

Skylar

Once we had left the room, there was a heavy feeling. My emotions had me overstimulated and nonverbal. There wasn't much I could do in that moment without completely wanting to break down.

I opened the door to our room, leaving it for the other two to come in. I walked to the wall and slid down, covering my face with my knees. I was lost. Like my body wasn't mine anymore. Something was taken from me and no one understood that.

"My love.. is there.. um. Is there anything I can get you? Or do? Or.. anything..?" Kyle asked me, seemingly guilty.

I shook my head. I couldn't speak. My throat was dry and scratchy and I knew it would hurt if I tried.

The heavy silence returned as I felt myself start to shake, as if I was crying, but tears couldn't fall anymore. I looked up at Kyle, seeing his saddened expression, I felt guilty but I knew it wasn't my fault. I knew none of this was my fault. But still, I felt that it was. My mind was racing, and there was no stopping it. I knew that he felt this way too, maybe even Taylin did. It wasn't their fault. Neither of them had done anything wrong. I didn't want them to think that way.

"She's nonverbal. I've seen this before. She's hurting and overstimulated. It's hard for her to speak right now. This is a normal reaction to this kind of situation, and it eventually will pass. She's traumatized, Kyle. You can't blame yourself for that. Did I get some of that right, sweetheart?" Taylin explained, then asked while turning to me.

I nodded softly, looking at the two of them with pleading eyes. I wanted to hug them both, but I also didn't want to be touched. I couldn't explain what I was feeling and I didn't want to cause issues to make the situation more complicated than it already was.

Taylin and Kyle were talking to each other, but I couldn't quite understand what they were saying. They were speaking English, but I couldn't comprehend it.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I grabbed it out and saw a message notification. I opened it and it was a number I didn't recognize.

Hey girl! It's Nadia. Just wanted to text you so you had my number.. when do you plan on going back to Minnesota? I'd love to meet up again.

I smiled slightly. As much as my cracked lips would allow in the moment. I knew now wasn't a good time to bring this up to Kyle, But I knew I wanted to meet up with her again. She was so kind to me.

Hey.. I'll be here for another 3 days that I know of. Idk if we'll be leaving any earlier than that because of the situation, but I want to see you again, too

After I sent her a message back, I turned off my phone and put it down. Tay and Kyle were still talking, I zoned out again. I had such a mix of emotions that things were almost calm. Calm and chaotic all at the same time.

"Sky.. I know things are hard right now and I wish I could make it easier, but I know I can't. I want to help you. If you need anything, I need you to tell me. It's important to me, as your caregiver and your boyfriend, that I help you through the times that are the hardest for you. And I know I haven't been the best to you for the past couple days. I see that now, I know, and I'm so so sorry. I want you to trust me again and I want you to be comfortable with me again." Kyle ranted a bit.

I nodded, and thought about what to say, but my words were scrambling in my head.

"You don't need to respond right now. I know you're struggling with words. I just wanted you to know how I felt. And I just wanted to apologize to you. Because it wasn't fair for me to leave you like I did. Out in the dark and cold. That wasn't right. And.. I want you to know, She had told us you left. I wasn't there for you to tell me you were going. Tay and I were talking about how I was feeling after we had our conversation. It was one sided and I should've listened to you. I've made a lot of mistakes and I can only hope you forgive me eventually. I love you, baby. I always have, and I always will. Forever and ever."

My eyes welled with tears as I coughed a bit to try and clear my throat enough to be able to say something to him.

"I love you too, daddy. I'm sorry." I choked out, throwing myself to him as he embraced me, while Taylin started gently rubbing my back.

The storm subsided once more. Finally some peace.

HEYYYYYYYYY BESTIESS so like. I got out the chapter. I had two different ideas for this chapter, this one and another one that contained a 3 month time skip but I thought this could be important for plot n shit. It's almost 1am and I literally struggled to write the majority of this, but I hope you guys are happy with it.

Love ya! -Nova

Word Count: 903