Alexander King

Alex did not participate in the interrogation of Lawson and his subordinates. After all, seeing what Brian could do, he didn't need to get his hands dirty. So he could only go out and chill.

Saying bye to Brian after talking about the next phase of the plan, Alex went out. He has other things to do.

Whether it is a movie or novel. The sudden reversal and plot twists are the things everyone likes to see most. The audience enjoys the thrill of the unexpected...

Alex is preparing for something like that for his upcoming live TV show. He needs a huge reversal and twist to the show.

He still needs to orchestrate everything required to make that show memorable for the French and the world.

He will show the dark side of society to the whole world. No, he is not some hero of justice. What he is after is the chaos that will ensue as a result of his actions. The more chaotic the world becomes, the more fun he will have.

[He is a bit crazy.]

"The time has come to try out the most OP function of the system. (Modifying Other Peoples Attributes)." Alex thought to himself.

No suitable candidate has popped up in the past for him to use this skill. But it is just a petty excuse. The real reason for holding on till now is that Alex is a cheapskate.

During his years on the street and at the orphanage, he has honed this skill to perfection. At that time, this was a valuable skill that helped him survive.

But now, he can finally let loose without worry. He has already died once. What can be worse? He doesn't fear death.

But he is not a brain-dead fool, rushing into every dangerous situation seeking death. He is far from it. Even though he doesn't fear death, he cherishes his new life.

This is his second chance, and he will make it count. So each of his actions till now has been precisely planned and calculated.

Some may say, "then why is he putting himself in the line of fire for Brian, a complete stranger?"

This is the Marvel Universe, where shit can go haywire pretty quickly. So he is looking for a way to gain power. There is a mission issued by his system concerning Brian.

But no explanation of what he should do is provided. So he could only find out the real contents of the task by exploring and experimenting. So yeah, he needs to interact with Brian and other protagonists even though being near them is hazardous to his life.

••••

Alex went to the police station, sat in front of a shop, and waited patiently by drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. His previous call seems to have been effective.

Many police are going out of the station in a hurry. They are probably going to the construction site. How they will deal with newspaper and TV reporters will be fun to watch.

Alex wanted to go and take a look at the construction site. But on second thought, he let it slide and focused on the mission.

He is looking for a policeman. Not to modify attributes but for a whole other reason. He wants to know if there is a single good policeman in this place.

Alex wants to find a policeman who can cooperate with him. Preferably the kind of person who is middle-aged has a heart of justice, is suppressed because of his disobedience, and is depressed. He can make good use of someone like that.

If he can contact such a person, it will benefit him in the later stages of his plan. If not, he will have to waste some crystals to change someone's attributes.