Making The Move

It is none other than Leo Maxwell, who was frowning with a half-lit cigarette in his mouth. He wore a full white suit and had a Rolex on his hands. In comparison to his subordinates, he seemed more cultured. He was lying back in his chair, resting his legs on his table.

Leo was the boss around here. He could speak both English and French fluently, like a native speaker. Right now, he was speaking in a perfect American accent.

He looked Alex and Brian up and down, taking in all the details. A frown appeared on his face as he failed to identify them. His right hand crept its way toward the shotgun hidden underneath his table.

Alex and Brian saw through Leo right away. They briefly shared a look. No words were exchanged, but their eyes conveyed everything that needed to be said.

Neither Leo nor his subordinates saw this transpiring, as it happened in a split second.

"Why can't he just use the phone? Also, when did he hire both of you new faces?" Leo said with obvious drought evident on his face.

"Do you think the director is in a situation where he can still use the phone to contact you? He doesn't even dare to use his police officers anymore?" Alex said.

"That's why he hired us to contact you. This meeting has to be as secretive as possible. At the moment, there are a lot of eyes observing the chief." Brian added.

Leo relaxed a bit as he heard Alex and Brian's explanation but being a cautious individual; he tried to investigate further.

"Do you have any proof for what you are saying?" He asked.

"Here," Alex tossed a platinum business card at Leo.

Leo caught the card with his free hand. As he looked at it, he visibly relaxed. He let go of the shotgun trigger and placed his right hand on his table in plain sight.

"Who did you offend?" Alex asked with a frown.

"Damn it, how do I know?!"

Speaking of this, Leo is so angry that he throws the cigarette in his mouth on the ground and stamps it out angrily multiple times. His anger didn't dwell even a little bit. Instead, it has increased.

"You should take responsibility. You guys had agreed to keep us and our business safe and running, no matter what. You have to follow your part of the agreement."

"Yes, but we also said that you should not act too flamboyantly. And it would have been best if you had checked your victims' backgrounds before you did anything!" Alex refused to budge.

"It must be that you have touched someone you shouldn't have provoked due to your fucking stupidity. And that person is responsible for all this shit that has been going on."

"Tell me are you satisfied now?" Alex said in anger.

"Fuck, what can I do? I need money and the boss needs more goods. We can't change what has already happened."

"You have to protect us like our original agreement. You can't go back on your words," Leo pleaded.

"Is the boss you referring to is Mr. Patrice Carly?"

Alex suddenly changed his previous agitation and pissed-off expression and asked in a calm and patient tone.

"Of course not, he's just an intermediary. But even he is an untouchable existence for us. How can weaklings like us have any direct contact with the true boss..."

"Oh! So that's how things are." Alex looked at Brian and then slightly nodded his head.

"Wait a minute," Leo said in confusion.