The World Revolves Around Interests & Benefits

"What's the bet?" Alexander asked.

"In tomorrow's news, I will be portrayed as a mass murderer and a heinous villain. There won't be a single mention about the tragic experience of these captured women nor about the gang that specializes in human trafficking."

"That is impossible kid. Are you on drugs?" Alexander asked suspiciously as he narrows his eyes.

"Just forget these minor details for a while. Are you up for the bet?"

"So you are on drugs. Kid its not a good thing to do. Drugs will....." Alexander went on blabbering due to the influence from his [Knight Of Justice] attribute.

"No I am not... Ah! Just let it go alright." Alex said a bit frustrated.

"...What's at stake?" Alexander asked after giving Alex all that "Good Guy Speech".

"Well, do you really want to know?."

"Yup, I sure do, kid."

"Well, If I win, you need to do me a favour"

"What favour? Don't ask me to do something illegal. Okay kid." Alexander said a bit worryingly.

"No it's  not illegal. I just want you to take the position of chief of the police department." Alex finally said.

Alexander "..."

Alexander who was about to blurt out, "Don't even think about it", got flabbergasted.

"What the fuck is this kid talking about?" He wondered.

He is just an ordinary police officer now, with a lot of superiors. That kid wanted me to become the chief of the bureau.

Not to mention, thanks to his father, there are many rumours that his position as a police officer is based on connections. After all, even though he wears a uniform, it's just a decoration.

He has never been able to do anything. His father made sure he would have an easy time. For Alexander, who yearns for adventure, his current life is like a prison.

No matter how you look at it, its impossible with all those superiors waiting in line for that position, unless they die...

A blood thirsty smile lit up Alexander's face for a split second but it was quickly replaced up by the sunny good guy vibe.

Alexander's thoughts got influenced by his [Red - The Tyrant] attribute. But as those negative thoughts surfaced they got suppressed by his [Knight Of Justice] attribute.

And his thoughts went back to thinking in the positive good guy way. And he even forgot about what he had just planned to do.

••••

"Are you mad?" He wanted to curse out loud.

But being a good guy he instead opted for; "Are you joking, kid?"

"Of course not. I have a way, trust me." Alex raised his eyebrows.

"Are you in or are you out... If I lose, then I will fulfil one of your conditions. Any one is fine."

"How can you guarantee that you will not go back on your word and will fulfil your promise?" Alexander asked back.

"I can kill you right now." Alex looked at him like a fool, as he shook the gun.

"So why should I toy with you?"

"Since you don't object, then it's a deal. By the way, can you return the camera? It's quite expensive." Alex stretched out his hand.

"Come and get it yourself."

Of course, Alexander refused to be obedient, as if he was sure that Alex would not shoot. He stretched out his hand holding the camera and stood where he was, with an expression of "come here if you have the guts".