Chapter 3: Stretching them Na'Vi legs

In the main headquarters, the men of corporate were going over the plains and landscapes of the planet, looking over the holo map that just scans the terrain.

People were chattering over the radio, about the departures and entries. But the man in control of the whole operation of everything was playing some mini golf.

He pucks the ball and it lands perfectly in the cup. "Mmm! Tiy see that?" he laughs, "Yes, sir." an officer answers him. "No, you didn't. You were looking at the monitor. I love this putter, Ronnie! I love this putter." he laughs, taking the ball out as Grace marches into the HQ.

"Parker, you know, I used to think it was benign neglect, but now I see that you're intentionally screwing me," she states, standing next to the stripline of fake grass. Parker just lines up the ball.

"Grace, you know, I enjoy our little talks," he answers and pucks the ball, but right before it lands in the cup, she intentionally kicks it out of the way. "Oops," she mutters aloud and folds her arms behind her back.

He frowns and flicks his eyes up at her, "I need a researcher. Not some jarhead dropout." she informs him, Parker just flicks his eyes down at the end of the strip. "Well, actually, I thought we got lucky with him," he spoke, walking to the end of the strip and picking up the cup. "Lucky?" Grace questions.

"Yeah." he answers, picking the cup up, "How is this, in any way lucky?" she questions him as he stands back up, "Lucky your guy had a twin brother, and lucky that brother wasn't some oral hygienist or something. A Marine we can use," he informs her as he walks to an assistant and handed her the cup and putter.

"I'm assigning him to your team as security escort." he informs her and toggles over the switches, "The last thing I need is another trigger-happy moron out there!" she snaps as she walks up to him.

"Look, look, you're supposed to be winning the hearts and minds of the natives. Isn't that the whole point of your puppet show?" he reminds her, she sighs in annoyance. "If you look like them and you talk like them, then they'll start trusting us." she flicks her eyes to the changing terrain.

"We build them a school, we teach them English, but after, what, how many years?" he snaps and looks at her, "Relations with the indigenous are only getting worse," he says, and she snaps her eyes at him. "Yeah, that tends to happen when you use machine guns on them." she snaps right back at him.

He nods his head, "Right. Come here." he orders and marches to his office, Grace in tow. I can't... I can't..." he mutters and picks up the floating rock right in on the corner of his office.

Then turns to Grace as she steps into his office, "This is why we're here. Unobtanium. Because this little gray rock sells for 20 million a kilo. That's the only reason. It's what pays for the whole party. It's what pays for your science. Comprendo?" he spoke, placing the rock back.

"Now those savages are threatening our whole operation, we're on the brink of war, and you're supposed to be finding a diplomatic solution. So use what you've got and get me some results," he informs her and takes a seat.

She just rolls her eyes at him, "And if you wanna talk about trigger-happy? What about your niece?" he questions her, Grace was taken aback by his words, "She's my problem to deal with. And I'm her next of kin." Grace informs her.

Parker just grins at her, "Your niece is a raging psychopath that has the highest kill count here, and not to mention, she will most likely kill us in our sleep. Guaranteed." he warns.

Then pulls up security footage and plays back the encounter of six full-grown men against one woman, he turns to Grace and she watches as Kira, her niece brutally murders all of the men, with no mercy and no remorse.