Chapter 9: Set Free

Now flying in the air, saddled and geared up with arm and leg guards and visors.

Jake flicks his eyes and playfully sways at Neytiri, she is offended as he throws her a playful smile, and she grins and sways back at him.

Tsu'tey immeadily orders them to stop and Neytiri just laughs at him, Kira rolls her eyes and flicks her eyes at the floating boulders. She flicks her eyes down at her ikran.

Who meets her eyes as they are thinking the same thing, Kira's ikran roars and flies off towards the floating boulders. "Whoa, Kira!" Jake calls out.

The others looked up at her as she was flying high towards the boulders, Kira hooted as her ikran twisted through the the cracks, diving right through and spine through the next.

Tsu'tey's eyes widen in awe as he watches the dreamwalker move in sync with her ikran, maneuvering through the floating blouders effortlessly.

Kira's Ikran twists through the boulders, and she laughs, cheering with her arms out. Her ikran roars in glee as she is having fun. Jake laughs at her, Neytiri joining in.

She flew right over Jake "Yeah! That's what I'm talking about!" he shouts giving her a high five as she shot right over him.

~8~8~8~

Neytiri and Jake flew far from the woods, reaching an opening, a Giant Tree, almost like the willow tree. Neytiri circles her arm and presses her hand to her heart.

Jake blinks at her and looks down at the willow tree below them, seeing held a special meaning to them.

~8~8~8~

Everyone sat at the table as they were looking at the monitor that was showing them the image of the tree. "The Tree of Souls," Grace spoke and said it again in Na'vi.

"It's their most sacred place. See the Flux Vortex in these false-color images?" she spoke, pointing out the three imageries. "Yeah, that's what messes up my instruments," Trudy spoke up.

Grace leans back and crosses her arms, "There is something really interesting going on in there biologically." she states and sighs, "I would die to get samples." she points out.

Kira smirks as she leans back against the counter. "Be careful what you wish for," she spoke, Grace huffed a grin. "Outsiders are strictly forbidden," he informs them. Kira blinks and looks at Jake, "Lucky bastard." she mutters.

Jake cast his eyes down, momentarily as he looks back at the screen. "You lucky swine."

~8~8~8~

The hunting party rode through the forest, keeping their eyes open for any sort of prey.

Kira laughs, making Tsu'tey look over at her, one of the hunters took a shine to her, striking up a conversation with her.

She would tell them what she knew, but they were surprised a dreamwalker was fluent in their language.

He couldn't help but smile, seeing how well she fit in with the others.

But a screech drew their attention, and a shadow flew right over them, making the hunters stop as the dire horses began to neigh, startled at what was coming.

The sound of flapping wings drew their attention as they saw him, the King of the Ikran

Toruk.

He roars at them, landing on the ground and blocking their path, a few of the dire horses reel up onto their back legs, startled the the sudden appearance.