•// 14 //•

The talk

Author's POV

„You know, we need to talk." Maki started and walked up to get a chair. He placed it beside her bed and sat down, playing with his hands.

Y/n sensed that he was indeed nervous and she sat up. She smiled at him and took his hand in hers. „I know and I'm glad you came."

„So uhm.." he started but obviously he has no idea how or where to start. He just had to go for it right? So he took a deep breath.

„First of all, I'm sorry for punching that Ni-ki. You were right I shouldn't have done that, especially when he wasn't at fault. I know now why I did that. And I'm scared of what I am about to say."

His voice get's a little cracky scared of what's coming in the next few minutes. „Please tell me first, that whatever I'm going to say now won't ruin our friendship. It's so important to me and I don't want to fuck this up." he was out of breath and at the same time relieved.

She smiled, happy about what she's just heard. She's glad that she's not the only one who thinks that their friendship is everything for her. It would be really awful. Besides he apologised again.

She straightened her back with a smile and placed her right hand onto her chest while the other one was still holding his hand.

„I promise you, that whatever you're about to say, it won't ruin our friendship. Nothing is going to ruin our precious friendship. I fucking promise you that."

He let out a chuckle, satisfied with her response. „Alright. How to start..?" he mumbled under his breath.

He has no idea how to confess, mainly because he never did that. Not even in elementary school when he had a tiny crush on a classmate.

„How stupid can you be? Just let it out." he told himself multiple times. He looked down to their connected hands and he was playing nervously with her beautiful fingers. „Y/n." he looked up to her.

He can't back up now.

It's now or never.

He wanted to say it while he was looking at her so he won't regret anything later, on what he should've done better.

She plastered a soft smile for him „Take your time, I'll wait as much time as you need. I'm not running away."

He gulped, feeling anxious but at the same time he gained straight and a tiny bit of confidence because of her words. He nod and now after some time he knows how to start and tell her about his feelings.

„You know, I have been thinking about it since the day I saw how Ni-ki treated you. I wanted you to stay away from him, to protect you from him. When you told me about him that he annoys you and bothers you, you know me, I just wanted him to let you in peace. But then I saw you the day I punched him, how you looked at him and it made me even more upset."

He pauses letting out a deep sigh and his eyes never left hers. „When I went home after I dropped you off, I thought about it more. And I realised that I want to be more than just best friends. I like you in a way that you can't consider these feelings for a best friend. It's more than that."