𝙲𝚑. 9: 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚃𝚘 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚖

Camila looks at her daughter and gives her the warmest, mom-est, hug while crying.

..

Camila washes the dishes, Gus helps her by using his magic, and Amity gives Camila a cup of tea awkwardly, which the teabag is outside of the mug, but Amity still receives a sweet pat on the shoulder. I'm sitting at the table, fiddling with my half-cut hair. I'm waiting for Luz to come out of the bathroom with some bandages. I may have gotten a little beaten up from the fight... Eh, I'll just wash the cuts, put some bandages on them, and it'll be fine... I think. Suddenly, my thinking gets interrupted by Hunter approaching the bathroom, saying to Luz, "Hey. Thanks for not telling them that I'm a..." I squint my eyes in suspicion.

Luz opens a box of bandages, finishing his sentence. "A grimwalker?" My eyes widen in surprise. I choke on my tea and put my hand over my mouth to stop myself from gasping and coughing. Thank Titan, I don't think they noticed...

"Shhhh, don't say it so loud! Uh... what about you? How've you been since, uh...?"

"Since we were in Belos' mind? Since I found out I helped him meet the Collector? Oh my gosh, Hunter. [She starts tearing up again.] They're all gonna hate me."

"What? Psssh! [Luz wipes away her tears and slightly smiles.] No, of course they won't. They won't hate you any more than me when they find out that... [Hunter starts panicking.] I might be a clone of... someone who was a... witch hunter... with... Belos..."

I got up from my seat and went to the bathroom as well. I cleared my throat to draw attention to myself. They both turn around and see me leaning on the doorway.

"Uh- how long have you been there?" Hunter asks frantically.

"Long enough to know stuff I wasn't supposed to know. You guys should really close the door if you're gonna talk about tea like this."

"Oh Titan, Y/n, I'm-" Luz gets interrupted by me.

"Luz, Hunter, I'm not gonna tell anyone, because snitches get stitches and get trapped in ditches (with bitches). Plus, my mama didn't raise no snitch. [I lightly chuckled at my own joke.] But I don't hate you guys for that. None of what you guys did was on purpose. Hunter, it wasn't your choice to become a grimwalker, and Luz, you didn't know that Philip was tricking you."

"Wait, how do you know the Belos' name-"

"When I was in the castle, he told me."

"Anyway, [I look back at the dining room, the table where I was sitting. Willow and Amity are seated at the table, looking despondent.] Anytime you guys are ready to tell them, I'll be right by your side."

Hunter nods, Luz smiles. We join the others in the dining room, Luz putting a bandage on Amity's hand.

"Okay, so in the Demon Realm, you fought the evil Emperor Belos who turned into a monster..." Camila tried to confirm what she was told.

"Well, he started out human." Gus confirmed.

"Right, but he was defeated by a newer, smaller bad guy?"

"The Collector. We don't know what he is or how Belos found him." Willow added.

I cut in, panicking. "But how he found him isn't important! Not important at all! [I nervously laugh.] But they're creating a lot of chaos."

"We have to do whatever it takes to get back." Amity adds.

"And you will. But for now, you should all rest. You're all safe here." Camila says comfortingly.