Birthday Oneshot! (plus a boring but important announcement)

(before we get weird, i have an announcement to make. i'm so sorry, but the for the future chapter has been delayed, and by that, i mean it'll be arriving later than expected. the cause of this is because while making it, i was rushing a lot because i was pushing myself to publish the chapter sooner so you guys wouldn't become skeletons waiting, but then i realized that since i was rushing, it was basically y/n just commenting on random stuff, not doing anything much. so, since the chapter didn't have soul-crushing drama and heartbreak, that'll make it boring and dull, then i'd never forgive myself for that. so, because of that, i have to completely redo the process of making the chapter, so that's why the chapter is delayed. i'm so sorry, but at least that's better than a boring chapter, right?... moving on.

anyway, for the 4k reads, i already knew i was gonna do a oneshot and my b-day was yesterday, and it gave me the idea to make a oneshot and where it's ur b-day, now let's get weird!)

I woke up next to Hunter, rubbing my eyes to be able to see better. Once I was done with that, I couldn't help but admire his looks, even when he's asleep! C'mon, you cannot say no to that cutie. I smiled and cupped his cheek, kissing him on his forehead. That was enough to wake him. He slowly opened his heavy eyelids and did The Smile, his chocolate-y brown eyes twinkling at me.

"Good morning," He says with a groggy voice, "my sunshine." He traces the tips of his two fingers along my jawline as I chuckle.

"Good morning, cutie." I realized my voice was also kinda raspy...

And also realized today's my birthday! I wonder if the others remembered... guess I'll find out during the day. Maybe they'll take me somewhere, maybe get me food, or... *dramatic inner voice gasp* maybe they're planning a surprise party! I can't wait! I shouldn't say anything, though. Don't wanna ruin the surprise!

"Y/n? You still there?"

Crap, didn't mean to make that excited expression out loud.

"Oh- yep!"

At Breakfast...

Hm. Same delicious breakfast, no special occasion desserts in sight... Oh well, maybe the party is at lunch!

At Lunch...

Welp, no decorations to be seen either... The party has to be at dinner then!

At Dinner...

...Still nothing? No sparkles, no desserts, no gifts, no nothing... I guess they just forgot. Of course, it's hurtful for them to forget, but still, I'd like at least some sort of celebration, heck, I'd like at least someone to just say happy birthday to me! They wouldn't have to give me anything, just let me know that they didn't forget..

But they did.

The next morning...

This time, Hunter was the one to wake me up. My blurry morning eyesight met his groggy, smiling face.

"Good morning, sunflower."

"G'mornin."

"Are you mad?"

"Maybe."

"Why?"

"Because everyone forgot about my birthday."

"No, we didn't."

"Huh-?"

Suddenly, literally everyone came out of their hiding spots wearing party hats with cans of silly string in hand, spraying the silly string everywhere, along with confetti, shouting, "HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!"

"WHAT IN THE TITANU-" Before I could shout, "Titanussy," Willow smacked her hand onto my mouth to stop me from saying that.

"Sorry we kept you waiting for so long, Y/n!" Willow apologized still holding her hand on my mouth.

"You were so disappointed yesterday, it was so heartbreaking!" Gus said dramatically, lifting the back of his hand to his forehead.

"We had to make you wait though. We wanted to show you that even if you feel alone, it doesn't mean you're alone." Amity. comforted me, patting my shoulder and also dragging Willow's hand away from my mouth, allowing me to breathe again. "You guys are the best."

The rest of the day, you guys ate the most scrumptious foods, you got the most awesome presents, Hunter showered you with love and affection, and you had a blast...

This was the best birthday ever.