Four Days

"Ow!" Meredith yelped as Cristina slammed a pillow into her head waking her up from a heavy slumber.

"Oh that did not hurt!"

"You woke me up for no reason with a pillow, I can react however I please." She retorted.

"Izzie and I need to talk to you about something."

"What? Is everything okay?"

"Yeah it's just, well there's no way of saying this without seeming like a complete jerk."

"Go on."

"We know you just broke it off with Finn but, Izzie needs us to move out. Denny is finally coming home from the hospital and I'm moving in with Teddy soon so.. it would be a little weird."

"So let me get this straight. I offer you and Izzie a place to stay and I am getting kicked out."

"Exactly."

Izzie barged in the room. "No! Well yes but not how Cristina is saying. We just think that if you moved out and changed the scenery maybe you'd meet someone."

"How long do I have?"

Izzie and Cristina shared a stare.

"How long!"

"Two weeks, I'm so sorry!" Izzie and Cristina ran out of the room preparing for Hurricane Meredith instead they got a quiet. "Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay."

"Well that was easier than I thought."

"I'm just thinking of all the ways you two are gonna have to make it up to me, you know considering this was originally my house." She shrugged nonchalantly.

She walked out of her room still in her pajamas and poured herself some coffee. Izzie handed her a freshly baked muffin. "So you aren't mad?"

"Oh, i'm pissed." She took a bite. "I need to go."

"You don't have therapy today?"

"I know." She put on her shoes and jacket before walking out the door.

She was going downtown to blow off steam. She was beyond upset but she figured from here her life couldn't get worse. She pulled out a cigarette from her purse and put it between her two lips. She looked out over the nearby lake and sat with her thoughts of Finn and her wedding. She wasn't big on weddings, never was. He changed her mind and got in her head. She never really minded it, she actually enjoyed getting out of her comfort zone. She tried on about a million wedding dresses until she found the one. She searched for weeks for the perfect font for wedding invitations. Then two weeks before their wedding she walked in on him screwing a chick he met at a bar. That was the day she left their house and searched day and night for a new house. She invited Izzie and Cristina to stay with her, she knew she couldn't handle the constant silence. Now she was getting kicked out.

"Didn't know you smoked." A familiar voice came behind her.

"Haha smart ass. Don't scare me like that I was thinking." She spoke in a monotone matter.

"Thinking of me?"

A blush ran through her cheeks. "Absolutely not. So, get this i'm getting kicked out of a house I bought."

"Are you asking to move in with me?"

"I'm not not asking."

"Move in with me. Me and you, we can be friends."

"Just friends?" She questioned. "You really think you can do that because, i'm quite the catch."

"I do like a challenge."