Spoke Too Soon?

The two stayed in a grungy motel room doing things that were not pleasant table talk. When Meredith finally awoke Derek was staring directly at her. Her eyes fluttered open and she jolted out of bed grabbing the sheet with her. "Jeez! You freak!"

"You snore a lot, you woke me up."

Realization began to set in of her reality. "I thought I was dreaming, oh my god I thought I was dreaming. I thought I was dreaming and now I am naked and don't have clothes! I don't have clothes! You admitted your love to me and now I don't have clothes!"

He smirked amused. "You not having clothes is my fault?"

"Yes, no, yes! Why did you wait until my wedding day, maybe this was a bad idea. Maybe I should just call him and profusely apologize and you can go back to Addison and we could just go back to being strangers and everyone is happy! God we are terrible people."

"You're tired, hungover, and scared. You aren't thinking straight. Get back in bed. I have extra clothes in my car."

"This is the problem with me, I don't think I just do. I've done it all my life I just jump without thinking. Oh I'll marry this guy, no what about this guy, how about I leave this one at the alter! My mom always told me that I run from my problems, maybe she was right."

He groaned. "Shut up."

She turned around shocked. "What?"

"Shut up. You think about your decisions, in fact you overthink to a point where it's kind of annoying and kind of charming. You love me and I love you and that's all that matters. Now get back in bed." She followed his instructions and sat next to him.

"You find me charming?" She smirked.

"Shut up."

"You tell me to shut up again and you'll lose the ability to speak." She smacked him with a pillow.

"Oh you're dead." He grabbed her and began tickling her.

"Hey! Get off me!" She giggled. "Stop!"

"Only if you take it back."

She struggled trying to squirm out of his arms. "Never."  Which was soon followed by.. "Fine! Fine, stop!"

He stopped immediately. He laid down next to her admiring her. His face changed with worry when he noticed a scar behind her ear he had never had taken the time to notice until now. "What is that?" He pointed to her ear.

"Hm?" Her hand traced her ear feeling the scar. "Oh, this? It's from college, my friend Sadie was trying to get someone's attention and I turned at the wrong time. The bottle broke open on my head, had to get stitches."

"How come I didn't know this story?"

"When would I have had the time to tell you?"

"Good point."

"Derek.." Her demeanor changing. "We know nothing about each-other. Don't get me wrong I love you so much, but maybe we should hold off getting married. I've messed up weddings so many times and I don't want to ruin this with you. This is the first time i've ever felt like this."

He pushed the hair out of her face lightly. "Hey, it's okay. I understand, it's just going to be more fun learning about you."

"You're making me feel worse."

He faced her confused. "Why?"

"Because you're being sweet and understanding and I'm me."

"Okay I'll be mean and not understanding."

She rolled her eyes smiling. "Can I still take you up on the clothes in your car as much as I enjoy being naked in bed with you?"

"Am I still being mean and not understanding or?"

She pushed him off the bed. "Go get them."

He quickly got dressed and walked out the door grabbing her a few clothes had had originally saved for the gym. He swung open the door and threw them on the bed. "Here." She shooed him.

"Turn around."

"Are you kidding?"

"Hah.." She said monotone. He turned around as she got dressed into a pair of gym shorts and a baggy t-shirt. "You're fine now."

He faced her now looking absolutely swallowed by his clothes. She blushed embarrassed. "Stop." She sat back down on the bed.

"I'm not even doing anything." He smirked amused. She covered her face shyly with her hands. He pulled her close. "Mer.." He chuckled before removing her hands and kissing her on the cheek. "I love you."