Funeral (Part Two)

After the funeral walked to Derek's car hand in hand. He had been a comfort to her and she couldn't have been more thankful. The two had finally put the past behind them. Although Meredith wasn't so sure. The handholding, the stolen glances. She felt like she was back in square one except this time she had a fiancée. Derek opened the door for her and as she stepped in he heard a familiar voice. "Meredith?"

She swung around to see who was talking to her. It was Josh. The relief that she had felt vanished and was replaced with sudden nausea. "Josh? What are you doing here?"

He walked up to Meredith grabbing her arm. She visibly cringed. "You think you can whore yourself out because your mother died? I'm taking you home."

Offended, she ripped her arm away from him. "Home to the roommate I am apparently whoring myself out for?! Makes a ton of sense."

"My home."

She scoffed. "Really, this is the circumstance you want to move in under?"

"Maybe if you weren't parading yourself around to men."

"This is ridiculous, I am going to home. We'll talk tomorrow."

She began walking back to Derek who looked furious with him.

"If you go with him, the wedding is off, I am not joking Meredith!"

She looked completely helpless like a lost child. She hesitated but turned around and hopped in Joshua's car. Derek couldn't decipher what they were saying but could see Meredith screaming at him through the window. The argument came to a sudden end and the car pulled out of the parking lot with Meredith staring blankly out the window. Derek couldn't understand how she stayed with him, what kind of trauma she'd have to gone through with her mom to stay with someone like that. What kind of approval was she seeking from a ghost? She deserved family.

He picked up his phone and called her but it went straight to voicemail. He got in his car and headed to their house. He hoped that she would show up and if not he wasn't sure what he would do. He felt horrible and ultimately helpless.  He kept blowing up her phone until he heard the front door open, it was her. She was in tears and obviously shaken up. "I'm moving out."

"What? Meredith he can't make you."

"He said if I didn't, the wedding was off. I can't fuck up another engagement, I already sent out invitations. This marriage is the only thing that I have left. I need it, and I don't expect you to understand." She walked away from him and grabbed her things from upstairs. She didn't take much besides her pillow and blanket. All of her personal things were still left in that room. When the time finally came she looked Derek in the eyes holding back tears. "Goodbye Derek."

"Goodbye Meredith." He frowned as he watched her get in that wretched man's car. He felt like someone had sucker punched him. He couldn't breathe. He dialed Meredith's number, they couldn't finish like this. To his surprise it went straight to voicemail, he'd been blocked. He lost his chance, he lost his everything. And it was his fault.

A/N: Sorry for the oh so short chapter, I am busy with finals!