Mommy Dearest

Meredith ran to the locker room speeding to get her scrubs on. She brushed her fingers through her hair and ran to the other interns. Of course, they were working with Doctor Shepherd out of all people today. Bailey turned around. "Whose presenting?"

"Mr. Hammond, age fifty six, has persistent seizures, here to fix via craniotomy." Meredith spoke determined to get off of her week of scut even if it meant working with Doctor Shepherd.

Meredith's pager kept going off. "Are you just going to sit there and twiddle your fingers, Grey? Answer!" Bailey yelled. She stared at her pager and ran out of the room. She hurried into the room of her mother. "Where is she?"

"They're taking her to surgery." A nurse replied.

"No one thought to tell me?!"

"Doctor Webber said not to wake you."

"You have got to be kidding me!" She flew to the elevator and mashed the same button for the surgical floor repeatedly, Derek and the patient seemed to be in there too, unknown to her. She mashed the button again.

"You know it's not going to make this ride go faster?"

"Shut up." She spoke bitterly.

"You know I am your attending, I can write you up for insubordination." He raised his voice.

"Not today Derek, I am not doing this with you today. You win." She smashed the button again before the elevator opened. She ran to her mother being rolled into a hospital room "Amateurs you're amateurs!" Her mother yelled at the doctors. Her hands handcuffed to the bed. She came into her mothers vision. "What the hell are you doing here? How many times have I told you not to bother me when I'm at work!" Meredith cowered weakly behind a wall.

Derek rolled his patient in the operating room as he saw the scene unfolding. He walked out of the room to comfort her. He placed his hand on hers to which she instantly pulled away. "Stop."

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, great." She ran her hand through her hair.

"Your mom is Ellis Grey?" He questioned.

"We don't have to do this, you've made it very clear how you think of me. I would appreciate it if from now on we could keep our work strictly professional." She walked away from him and up into her own mothers O.R gallery.

Derek sighed and went to begin his surgery. Half way through the surgery he realized Meredith must of switched galleries as her eyes followed his every move. Bailey asked him question about his technique but he was too focused on the blonde in his gallery. "Shepherd, I was asking you why you used-"

"Meredith's mom is in the hospital, I think you could really help her if you got her on a case today." Miranda taken aback stared to the gallery seeing Meredith motioning 'No' with her hands not wanting to disturb her education.

"The hell is going on with you two?" Meredith stood up and left the gallery trying to avoid conflict.

"Nothing, you just have an eager group of interns."

"I just asked you about your technique and you're over here blushing about a girl. I don't suppose you are teaching extracurriculars to my students if you know what I mean."

"No ma'am."

"I don't believe you, spit it out Shep. The whole hospital has heard about her screaming at you in the hallway."

"I can't talk about this with you."

"Don't make me bring the chief into this."

"Doctor Bailey are you blackmailing me?" He sighed. "I am not explaining this to you."