Runaway Bride

"Derek."  Is all anyone in the room can really hang onto. Her hand jumped to her mouth as gasps echoed across the room. Her face was now devoid of any and all color. Her mom would be enraged. She quickly ran down the lilac colored isle and into the dressing room locking it. Cristina and Izzie ran after her. Derek stood up dumbfounded. Joshua ran over and landed a blow to his face until he pushed him off. "You're fucking her aren't you?"

"What is your problem?" He backed away shocked.

"I'm going to fuck you up!" He darted towards Derek who was now jumping over pews. He ran to the dressing room where Cristina was desperately trying to open it. He put all his weight into pushing the door in. When it finally opened she was no where to be found only leaving behind her wedding dress. There was an open window as the only evidence of her escape. "Shit." Cristina muttered. Derek climbed through the window in desperate search of her. When Joshua arrived she was blocking the doorway. "Going to hit a woman?"

He was running but he didn't know where he was running until he saw footprints. He followed them to the blonde who was still running. "Where are you going?"

"I don't know!"

"Stop running!"

He tried catching up to her. She stopped in her tracks and swung around to face him "What!"

"What was that?"

"What do you mean what was that? Obviously I didn't expect to fuck up my vows. Why would you tell me to marry him and then confess your love to me minutes before I walk down the isle! You mess with my head! Do you not want me to be happy?!"

"Mer, I want that more than anything." He said remorsefully.

"Then why couldn't you let me?"

He stepped towards her. "Because marrying him wasn't making you happy, it was making your mom and everyone else around you happy. It was the easy option, I think deep down you feel the same about me as I do for you and I think you're scared because everyone is asking a million things of you. But god Mer, I want you on your worst days, I want you when you bicker with me, I want you when you give me the silent treatment, I want you whenever and I'll take the pain as part of the package. I never considered myself lucky until I met you, meeting you made everything else make sense. All the paths I made led me here to you so please don't walk away."

Her eyebrows furrowed slightly. "What if I fuck this up the way I do everything else? What if you realize I am not what you bargained for and it's too late? Because I can't handle that. The thought of that makes me want to vomit. And we can't be friends and we can't be lovers because us? We never work out."

"Meredith, you're the love of my life. Even everything I hate about you I love. You drive me crazy but being on this Earth without you? That's unbearable."

"You mean it?"

"I do." He smiled genuinely.

This time it was her making the step. She needed to make the leap of faith. She leaned into him. "I really hate you Derek Shepherd."

"I love you Meredith Grey." He grinned before leaning in and kissing her. Her hands traveled to the back of his head deepening the kiss. The two only stopping for air.

When they pulled away she was all different shades of red. "So what are we?"

"What do you want us to be?"

"I want to be your wife." She beamed.

"There's a chapel a few blocks down from here." He smiled looking at his girl.

"Not in this dress, or at least whatever is left of it." She chuckled slightly.

"Will you settle for being my fiancée then?"

"Gladly." She giggled. "What's Shannon going to think of all of this?"

"Do we have to tell her?"

"I think she'll catch on when we show up all giddy and don't completely hate each-other." They began walking to his car.

He began grinning like an idiot.

"What?"

"I can't wait until you're my wife."

She smiled. "I can't wait until you're my husband."