Chapter 11: Set up

We were seated in the drawing room, circling the center table as we all stared at the picture I found, which now was kept on the center table.

"So? Do you want to explain yourself?" I raise a brow at Olivia

"I don't." Olivia shrinks back into the couch.

"Olivia," I say in my warning tone.

"Fine! My mother gave that to me when she was dying. There I said it. Are you happy now?" she scowled.

"Why would she give you that?" Sterling asked.

"I don't know! I'm trying to figure that out, too." She scratched her head, frustrated.

"Alright, cmon guys, we have to go through the plan," Katylin jumped in as she noticed the tension between Olivia and I.

"we can give the name of the corrupt cops who didn't help Katylin and give to my dad. He'll get them fired, " Justin piped.

"That sounds good. Now, when can we initiate this?" Zander asked.

"How about tonight?" Jesse said.

"Alright. Tonight, it is then, " Katylin finalizes.

All of us head homes so that we could come prepared tonight.

"Stop shaking your leg Dammit!" I scolded Justin, irritated. He jumped.

We were sitting in the van waiting g for Katylin to give us the green light. Justin has been biting his nails and shaking his leg since we got into this van.

"I get that you're worried about her, so are we. But you don't see any of us trying to eat our hands off, do you? Get it together, man!" I sigh out.

"Alright, she's in, guys." Olivia gathers our attention.

We watch as katylin enters the room. The place was a mess. Glass bottles everywhere, bits of food all over the unwashed rug. Her step dad was sprawled on the couch with an empty bottle of beer in his hand.

We watched as she provoked him, and he threw the glass bottle towards katylin. She dodged, and it shattered on the wall right next to her.

Justin had gotten up, cussing. He barged out of the van and into the house before we could stop him.

"Look!" Olivia pointed at the screen.

"Madison was helping Katylin. He was about to hit her when Madison grabbed his arm and twisted it. Just then, Justin entered.

"Let's arrest him now. We have enough evidence," I said to Olivia.

She gave the green light, and officers went in to arrest him. Not long after Katylin's step, dad came out with his hand cuffed along with two officers pushing him inside the police car despite his weak struggles to get away.

Next, Katylin, Justin, and Madison came out, and we rushed to check on her. After confirming that she was alright, we sighed in relief.

Justin was still furious with us. We just backed off and gave them some space.

We all were exhausted, so we headed home. While Justin called his dad and saw the arrest through.

"How'd it go?" my aunt asks.

I just smiled, showing her a thumbs-up. I landed on the couch out of exhaustion. The last thing I remember was my aunt saying goodnight and covering me with a blanket before I was out.

The next morning, I dragged myself to school. I had an AP test today, and I hadn't studied for it. So I'm most likely about to fail. I take a deep breath and enter the class.
"So how'd it go ?" Katylin asked when we met after an hour.
"I'm going to fail" I smiled a pained smile and started knocking my head against the locker, just as my head was going to bump against the hard material it touched a soft instead. Looking sideways, I saw Sterling standing next to me, smiling.
"what are you so happy about? Here I am about to fail a test, and everyone is over the moon about something. I want everybody to be depressed just like I am." I sigh out.

"I think what I'm about to tell you will put you in a good mood. Katylin's step dad has too many lawsuits against him. He was a part of an illegal gambling ring, shop lifting of liquor from liquor store, larceny, and petty theft. This adds so much to his sentence." He said
"you're right. It does make me happy" I smile.

"but you're not happy just because of that, are you ?" I raise my brow

"yes. I am. I'm a very supportive friend, and it hurts to know that you think so low of me" he fakes his disappointment.

I narrow my eyes at him.
"fine! I aced my test. It's not my fault. You asked me !" He grins.

"Alright, you wanna play? I'll tell Lily what really happened to her hunny bunny ." I smirk and walk away, leaving him in horror.

"I'm sorry! Seriously don't do that" he calls out after me.

"It was an honest mistake. I didn't mean to!"
"Yeah. But she doesn't know that, and who do you think she will believe? You or me" I wink at him, walking out of the school

"Close up before you go," Blaine says, handing me the keys. Once my shift is over, I lock up. I didn't realize I was taking the other way home until I was halfway there. I avoid this path because it's a very deserted path. I decided to just go with it because I was already halfway there, and there was no point going back again.

A few minutes later, I noticed a black figure approaching me. My mind flashed to the auburn girl.

I walk fast, and the figure mirrors my actions. We walk like that for a while.

Till a drunk man knocks over the dustbin and the black figure gets  distracted, I quickly duck in the closest alley. When I see the black figure come forward looking around, searching.

I step out of the dark alley and voice out to the figure in front of me

"Who are you? And why are you following me? "

When the figure doesn't move, I yank their arm, and their hood falls off, revealing their face.

"It's you," I say, narrowing my eyes at my stalker.