Chapter 13: The guests

I don't know what to do. I'm sitting in gym class waiting for everyone to start picking teams.

Not long after, the coach joins in and another guy I haven't seen before.
"Who's that?" Justin asks.

"Oh, him? He's the new kid. He beat up a guy who tripped him during the football match.

"Out in the field, everybody! Out in the field." Coach yells.

It's girls vs. boys. Suddenly I'm hit with déjà vu.  The game is about to start when he comes up to me  "heard you were the ace around here. We'll see about that" he knocks my shoulder as he walks past me.

"great. Just what I needed today" rolling my eyes, I stand in my position.
The game starts, and by half time, the score was 1-2, but then the boys scored quickly, and it came to a tie.

In the last few minutes, I was moving past the defender, aka the new guy whose name I learned was Aron. He tripped ok my foot, and I kicked the ball into the goal.

We won by 3-2. But Aron had different plans he claimed it to be a foul, but the coach knew what he was trying to, so he didn't say anything. Aron was throwing a fit now. Talk about anger issues. The class ended, and I was walking out of the changing room and heading to my next class when someone grabbed me by my hair. I turned to look and came face to face with Aron. He yanked my hair, but now I was seeing red.

"Cheater. You know I would've won that's why you tripped me. You jerk" he screamed.

I grabbed the hand that was on my hair, twisting it. I put it on my shoulder and threw his body on the floor.
He was groaning in pain now. I crouched to his level.
"You didn't have a chance in winning even if you were up against a little kid." I step side his head and walk away, pushing past the gathered crowd.

After school was over, I walked to the parking lot. I noticed a blond girl waving at me. I sighed. It's not what I signed up for today, I thought.

"Here you go" I placed her coffee in front of her and took a seat in front of her, sipping my own.
"so, have you thought about it?" she says.
"Look, I'll be frank with you. I don't trust you. And I need to know who you're working with in order for this to work. To be honest, I need the full story. Not some parts of the story you're not telling me. So just come back when you're ready to tell me the whole truth." I get up and back to work. I watch her leave.

Sterling doesn't know yet about her, and till I trust her, he doesn't need to know either.
He's still following his little sister's orders. He's a wreck. I definitely think she broke him. I do kind of feel bad for him, but he deserves it.

I drove back home since I had no shift today. I just wanted to crash on my bed for the rest of the day. I entered the house and threw my key in the bowl. Just then, my phone rang it was Sterling, I picked it up. Not a second later, my doorbell rang.
"do you need to get that ?" Sterling says over the phone
"No, I'm sure it's my aunt. She checks if I'm home. If not, then she uses the key." I explain. But the bell rings again.
"You sure you don't want to get that?" he says again.
"Hold on then. I'll check real quick" I keep the phone on my ear as I open the door.
"Looks like I have to call you back again, Sterling" I speak.
"Is everything alright?" he voices his concern.
"No, everything's fine. It's just my aunt needs some help with the groceries" I lie, while looking at the guest on my doorstep.

Hanging up on Sterling, I give my undivided attention to them.
"Hey, I'm ready to tell you the full truth. This is your brother, Caleb. And I'm Josephine. We have a lot to tell you." So, my stalker does have a name.

Well, there goes my sleeping plans.