Chapter Three

Weems asked for Wednesday  and I to come to her office. So, here we are sit arcoss from the principal.

"You two are new. And you need to choose one extra curricular activity" she says.

Wednesday and I exchange annoyed glances and we sigh and leave the office.

"I swear Rowan died last night" Wednesday tells me.

I sigh and smile a bit.

"Well if so, then whoever was Rowan must have been a shape shifter. Work with that much. Then go from there" I say shrugging.

"Fair. Oh I really don't want to do an Activity" she says.

We walk to many different clubs. Stopping at the choir, Bianca smiles at me.

"I was expecting you two. Care to sing a note so we can tell your vocal range? "

Wednesday opens her mouth and a few glass objects around us shatter.

"What was that...? " asks Bianca.

"A note only dogs can hear" she says bluntly.

Next we go to this bee farm.

Walking up to it we hear a voice from behind us.

"Are you interested in the ancient history of bee keeping? "

We turn around and I smile a bit.

It's a boy a bit younger than us with thick black glasses perfectly perching on the bridge of his nose.

He has black locks of curls and he's kind of adorable.

"He reminds me of my brother" Wednesday whispers to me.

"Yea he seems like the brother type of friend"

He explains the properties of the club and some things about bees. We learned his name is Eugene Ottinger and he has the power to manipulate bees.

I smile as we slip away from his speech, but before hand I placed a small note in the ground for him.

"No hate dude but we will return another time. We wanna just check out other clubs. You seem nice though. Let's stay in touch, okay? (Added number) "
-Y/n

It's simple to say Wednesday was bored and I think Eugene is great friend material. He needs a great friend or two in his life anyways.

Next thing I know we are at boats that are being painted for the Poe Cup Challenge.

Enid smiles at us as we walk up to her.

"What's going on? " I ask as I look around and see the jesters painting away across the field.

"Poe cup boat and leg race! " says Enid excited.

I've been here for one day and this girl has been up in my business during classes. She seems sweet but is kind of overly nosey about personal things.

"Ah I see. Can't believe the jesters are in it too" I say sighing.

"Oh about them I heard they got an eye on a certain special someone" she says smirking at me.

No way... Do they actually have a thing for me? No. Clearly I'm over analyzing things. They know nothing about me. Like absolutely nothing. I doubt they even know that I listen to Melanie Martinez in my free time.

"Good to know Enid" I say as I look over at the jesters again. Ajax makes eye contact with me and smiles a bit. Xavier on the other hand, glances over and smirks.

I break eye contact and shake my head.

I smile slightly at Enid as I excuse myself to my dorm.

Getting back I see my phone on my bed with a note. Did I leave it somewhere? I swore I had it with me all day. Maybe not. No. Nevermind. I definitely didn't have it on me today.

"You left this at the carnival sweetie. Hold onto it better. Oh and check your contacts ;) "

-the jesters