Chapter Four

I'm laying on my bed just scrolling through Instagram. It's a Friday after class and the race is this weekend. Other than that, nothing else is really exciting as of now.

Suddenly I get a text from the GC of me and the jesters. I roll my eyes and swipe the notification not even bothering to check it.

After a bit more spam I open it up and read what I missed.

Xavier: Y/n we need your help.

Ajax: like fr with the race

Xavier: our teammate is sick with the flu

Ajax: answerrr us

Me: calm yo asses down. I thought I'd try to avoid you guys since you are always trying to flirt with me.

Xavier: damn you got a personality.

Me: I'm a stone cold bitch. Don't like it? Then leave me alone.

Ajax: nah love that ain't going to happen.

Xavier: come on. Just simply be on our team. We will stop being less touchy?

Me: no I don't mind that

Ajax: less flirty?

Me: no no no. It's not either of those

Xavier: oh so you do like it? 👀

Me: stop calling me cringy ass names like buttercup and baby doll. Then maybe I'll join your team

Next thing I know I'm in their dorm, to which they share due to Rowan being dead. Or alive? I have no clue. I'm standing in front of a mirror doing simple jester make-up.

"See I told you this will be fun~" says Ajax into my ear.

I blush and turn around to him.

"Keep it up and it won't be"

He rolls his eyes as we leave the dorm to head to the lake.

The whole time they held my hands on either side of me. Xavier on my right and Ajax on my left.

I have mixed feelings about them. I'm no simp and no I don't think they are the best boyfriend material, if I were to date them. But they are attractive and protective. I wanna say I like them, but Bianca gave me a warning about them that I want to keep in mind.

I sit right next to the back of the boat with Xavier behind me smirking.

Ajax is in the very front of the boat and I noticed Enid do a flirty wave, so suddenly out of some random instinct I flip her off and she gives me an offended look.

I suddenly got really fucking possessive over him...

"If we win I'll show you mine and Ajax's shed" he says into my ear.

"Sounds fun" I say rolling my eyes as the horn goes to start the race.

We have a strong lead and we manage to get to the other side quick.

Xavier kisses me on the cheek as him and Ajax get out of the boat, leaving me there with some dude I never met.

"Oh wow. Y/n right? " the dude says.

I nod biting my tongue to not say anything randomly offensive.

"I'm Cody. Ive been their friend before the incident happened"

"What incident? "

"They went to a carnival and there was a demonic jester entity and they had to sell their souls to the place or they were going to get killed. This is what they looked like before this" Cody says spawning his phone to show me.

Holy shit they used to look so normal.

I nod and decide to not even ask about Cody's power.

Suddenly the boys get back and we are off again.

Until there is a crack in the boat.

Xavier's eyes widen as he notices we are sinking.

After we swim back to shore I'm pissed at the smeared makeup on my face.

Ajax walks over and wipes it off as I notice that Bianca was right about their face paint.

But seriously... These kids sold their soul?