Chapter Five

Feelings.

One of the hardest things ever.

I can't decide about what I think. I'm not too sure on my opinions and thoughts.

I get a warm feeling inside all the time now when around the boys. But they also don't seem too trustworthy. I want to admit to liking them but that may put myself at risk.

I open my letter for the Jericho event today.

Dear Y/n

We are pleased to be informing you about what place you will be attending today at the event. You have been selected for the Town's Carnival

Weems

I could have sworn the place was temporary. With the way people remarked about it being a once in a while event.

Maybe I thought about the place all wrong. Perhaps it just was always there.

I fold it up and tuck it away as my friends come over to tell me what they got.

"Bianca what happens when someone receives the carnival? " I ask curiously.

Her eyes widen.

"They keep it out of the public except for selected events. Meaning you probably have to do prep work for the next opening day. It happens to be the same carnival that changed the jesters"

"I gotta know how exactly they sold their souls. I mean life and death sure but still! "

"Well maybe it's because it is ran by a jester entity! "

"I swear woman if you say it's some creepypasta character I will slap you" I say as she rolls her eyes.

As her and I walk with the twins to the bus she stops and looks at me.

"Let me explain it as simply as possible. The entity is not easy to cross. They were more than likely tricked. And the jester's name is Arcidious. Been around for ages. Just be careful while you're there. Maybe find out why the boys are a packaged deal too"

I sit in an empty seat on the back of the bus as Bianca sits next to some boy that she had her eye on for a while.

I look out the window as suddenly Ajax sits next to me.

"Hi cutie" he says smirking.

"Where is Xavier? " I asked confused at the fact it's only one of them.

"Different bus"

"I got a question"

"Aight go ahead love"

I roll my eyes. "Why are you guys like a packaged deal? "

"Dunno to be honest. Guess him and I are just kind of like brothers in a way so we just was like 'aight we a packaged deal'" he says shrugging.

"Do you guys actually like me? "

"Honestly? I do. I'm not as flirty as Xavier most of the time but I know my feelings and opinions on people. I think you are interesting and I don't really think you are a stone cold bitch"

I blush a little at his words.

"Why do you think that?"

"Well you don't trust us. You are aware. Your personality builds on that. We aren't bad people Y/n. Just misunderstood"

I nod as the bus pulls up to the lot.

"We got all day to spend together" I say.

"Oh really? "

And next thing I know I'm cleaning up carnival games with the boys.

"I don't like cleaning" Xavier whines.

"Bitch please we have to do this all of today" I say rolling my eyes.

"Well aren't you lovely today? " he says sarcastically.

After we get done cleaning we sit down at a picnic table.

Xavier and Ajax go on their phones and I sigh.

"Okay so we got to go to the main place in like half an hour. So what now? " Ajax asks.

"We could finally ask them" I hear Xavier say to Ajax.

I look up after checking the time on my own phone.

Ajax speaks up.

"Y/n want to go on a date with us? "