Introduction

In the past few months I have become unhealthily obsessed with Mahabharat, especially Karna. Yet, this fic is set in the aftermath of the war and Post-Karna's death. Believe me there's no one more surprised than me.

But this story mostly deals with Arjun's grief over the war. This man did not want to fight against his family in the first place. And now he has lost his sons, his nephews, his cousins(even though they fought against each other and hated each other and KILLED each other and that was the whole point of the war, they were still family), his grandfather(who he helped kill in a major way), his beloved guru and now he also finds out that he has killed his eldest brother and ... other nephews. That. Yeah. 

This will also deal heavily with Vrushali and Vrishaketu, or rather, with my interpretations of them, since we don't exactly have much reference on them.

Now we know that eventually Arjun and Vrishaketu become quite close since apparently Arjun finishes Vrishaketu's training and Vrish became the last known Maharathi with knowledge of Divyastras and stuff and this is my attempt to hopefully realistically portray how they might eventually get close.

Also, the Critical Edition of Karna-Krishna convo I think mentions that apparently Karna had grandsons?? But we know absolutely nothing about them. And this would imply that his eldest sons must have gotten married. BUT, I literally cannot deal with these characters who are not even named, or even mentioned in passing more than once, so none of his sons are married here.

Also, according to the epic, at some point after the war, the wives of the Kauravas apparently take Jalsamadhi and DROWN themselves in a river. Soo yeah... that's not going to happen.

Also, we know that Karna's wife actually commits Sati, but again, I'm changing that. She is very much alive.

Updates will PROBABLY be very slow, so that's a warning. I SHOULD not be writing this now, at this point in my life, and YET.