Chapter 1- The first day of the rest of his life

A/N: this is my first story, so have fun reading and be respectful. I don't know how long I'm going to continue this, so show your support if you like it. Also, Izuku never meets Bakugo, and as such, never gets the name Deku.

____________________________________________________

Izuku Midoriya wasn't having the best day. He was only 4 years old, but he just got the most disappointing news of his life.

"Izuku Midoriya, by my totally accurate reading of your pretty little toes, you have no quirk." says Dr. Doctor.

"I have no quirk?! What? " says the broccoli boy.

"That's correct."

Izuku goes back to his mom and tells her the news.

"I know you're disappointed honey, but there is nothing we can do about it. I'm sure there are other ways you can save people besides being a hero!" says Inko.

"Yeah, you're probably right," says Izuku as he cries into his mother's sleeve. "I will be."

-Time Skip brought to you by chibi Toga and Izuku playing in the sand-

Izuku is talking to Toga, his best friend since birth. Ever since he met her, they've been inseparable. Coupled with the fact that Izuku's and Toga's moms were friends, they were paired up quickly.

"Toga-chan, the doctor said I was quirkless! We can't be the pair of superheroes that we planned to be!" wails Izuku.

"It's okay, Izu-chan! We'll make a plan. All you need right now is to be with me and we will work things out." says Toga, as she tries to console Izuku. "I'll protect you! My quirk is relatively strong if we leave out its side effects!" says Toga. (Toga has the same quirk as she does in canon)

"Really?! What is it? If I can't be a hero maybe I can support you if you want to be one!" says Izuku.

Toga explains how her quirk works to Izuku. She explains that she can transform into a person by drinking their blood, with the side effect of desiring to see it and drink it.

"That's such a cool quirk!" says Izuku. He activates his muttermode. "Iwonderhowitworksspecificallylikeisthereatimelimitbasedonbloodconsumedoristheresomethingelsetoit?CanToga-chanusethequirksofthepersonandhowdoesitworkwithclothes?"

"Izu-Chan, stop it, we can figure all of that stuff later! What I'm worried about is the side effect!" says Toga as she interrupts Izuku.

"Oh yeah, sorry. did you say something about desiring to see and drink blood? It sounds relatively scary. I'm sure we can find some way to diminish the effects of the side effect or some way to deal with it.

"Of course we will. I'm fine with anything, as long as I'm doing it with you." says Toga with a sheepish smile on her face.

"Same".

_________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

So that was my first chapter! I hope Y'all like it! If you don't understand where I'm going with this, I plan to make this a slow-burn romance between Toga and Izuku In a new timeline where they work as a team and completely trust each other. I should post a new chapter every few weeks, so probably on a monthly basis. Chapters will mostly be short like this as I am not a proficient writer but will differ depending on my mood when I write it.

Mochi out!