Chapter 18: Lost

As Izuku's consciousness slowly returned, he found himself in a dimly lit room. His head throbbed with a dull ache, and his body felt heavy. As he tried to sit up, he noticed Toga lying next to him, still unconscious. Concern washed over him, and he gently shook her shoulder.

"Toga, wake up," he whispered, hoping she would respond. After a few moments, her eyelids fluttered open, and she blinked groggily.

"Izu? What happened?" Toga asked, her voice laced with confusion.

"We were attacked during the training exercise," Izuku explained, his voice hushed. "We were separated from the others, and now we're stuck here together."

Toga slowly sat up, rubbing her temples. "I don't remember anything after being teleported. How did we end up here?"

"I think the teleporter's Quirk sent people who were close together to the same location," Izuku theorized. "We must have been close when it happened, which is why we ended up together."

Looking around the room, Izuku noticed that it was bare except for a small window high up on one wall. Moonlight streamed through the glass, casting eerie shadows across the floor. The silence was unnerving.

"We should try to find a way out and regroup with the others," Toga suggested, her voice filled with determination. "We can't just stay here."

Izuku nodded in agreement. He pushed himself to his feet, steadying himself against the dizziness that washed over him. Toga followed suit, and they cautiously approached the door, pressing their ears against it to listen for any sounds from the other side.

Silence greeted their ears, and Izuku turned the doorknob slowly, his heart pounding with anticipation. The door creaked open, revealing a dimly lit hallway. They stepped out cautiously, keeping their senses sharp for any signs of danger.

As they moved through the corridor, Izuku couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. The oppressive atmosphere made it difficult to stay calm, but he knew he had to stay focused for both his and Toga's sake.

Suddenly, a low chuckle echoed through the hallway, causing both Izuku and Toga to freeze in their tracks. The laughter grew louder, more maniacal, as a figure emerged from the shadows.

It was a tall, slender man with wild, unkempt hair and a twisted grin on his face. He wore tattered clothes and his left arm was wrapped in bandages. Izuku recognized him as the self-proclaimed "Soldier of Truth."

"Ah, the lost lambs have finally arrived," the man said, his voice dripping with malice. "Tell me, heroes-in-training, are you ready to face the truth?" [1]

Izuku felt a surge of unease, but he refused to let fear paralyze him. He took a step forward, his expression determined. "We won't let you stand in our way. We're here to protect each other and put an end to your villainous plans."

The Soldier of Truth chuckled darkly. "Oh, how noble. But first, you must answer my questions. And remember, there's no escaping the truth." As he said this, the bandages on his arm shot away, and he punched the wall so hard, it left a crater. Izuku knew that if he or Toga took that, they would die.

Toga stepped closer to Izuku, her eyes gleaming with a mix of determination and uncertainty. "We'll face your questions head-on. We won't let them break us."

As the Soldier of Truth began his questioning, Izuku and Toga braced themselves, prepared to face the harsh truths that awaited them. They knew that their bond and their unwavering resolve would be tested, but they were determined to overcome any obstacle in their path.

Together.

_____________________________________________________________

GUESS WHO'S BACK BABY!!!!

Got bored and it's summer again, so I decided why not? sadly, I'm going away in about 5 days, so expect a few chapters soon, and then I think I'll pick it back up at the end of the summer. (augustish)