Chapter 21: A Small Outing

After the intense clash at USJ, Izuku and Toga returned to U.A. High, their spirits still high from their victory. As they stepped foot on campus, they couldn't help but feel a mix of relief and exhaustion. The battle had taken its toll, but now they had a chance to catch their breath and recover.

As the days passed, Izuku and Toga found themselves spending their time together. It was during this period of relative calm that they planned a little outing for themselves, a chance to relax and enjoy each other's company outside of the intense hero training.

One sunny afternoon, Izuku and Toga found themselves strolling through a peaceful park. The gentle breeze rustled the leaves on the trees and the sound of birds chirping filled the air. They walked side by side, their shoulders occasionally brushing against each other, a small smile playing on their lips.

Little did they know that their seemingly casual outing was about to take an unexpected turn. As they turned a corner, they came face to face with Sho, Momo, and Shiggy who were enjoying their own day out.

When Shiggy saw them, he walked up to Izuku and flung an arm over Izuku's shoulder. "Yo! Bro! How you doing? Thanks for the help yesterday. That teleport guy got me and trapped me in a portal loop where i would just fall from one portal to another. I barfed like 5 times."

"Dude, that sounds actually painful." said Izuku. "You good?" Shiggy laughed."yup, all good!"

At this point, Toga butted into the conversation. "Hey, don't you have something else to do? We're kinda busy right now." This tipped off Sho, who immediately took advantage. He raised an eyebrow, a mischievous grin forming on his face. "So its a date, huh?"

Izuku's face flushed with embarrassment, and he stumbled over his words. "N-No! It's not a date! We're just... hanging out!"

Toga chimed in, her cheeks tinted pink. "That's right! Just two friends spending time together. Nothing more!"

Momo giggled, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "Oh, come on, you two. It's written all over your faces. It's okay to admit it. We won't judge."

Izuku and Toga exchanged a quick glance, a bit of bashfulness sinking into their eyes. But the thought of acknowledging anything out loud was too terrifying to act on.

Trying to change the subject, Toga pointed at an ice cream cart nearby. "Hey, let's get some ice cream! It's a hot day, and we all deserve a treat."

Momo rolled her eyes."Vibe change much?" The group agreed on ice cream, and they approached the cart, eagerly selecting their favorite flavors. As they indulged in the sweet, creamy goodness, laughter filled the air, and the worries of the world seemed to fade away.

Momo made a spoon and took a bite of Shiggy's ice cream. "Hey, Why'd ya do that?" Momo laughed in response. "Why not?" the result was different when she tried to take Izuku's ice cream though.

She tried to grab a spoonful, but the utensil was swatted away by Toga. "No. Mine." Momo backed off, laughing with her hands in the air. "Sure. I'll let you have this one, Dundermufflin."

All this time, Izuku was stealing glances at Toga. Her smile was contagious, and he felt a deep sense of happiness just being in her presence. He knew that their connection ran deeper than what others perceived, but he didn't know how to tell her. "At this point, I just want to lock her up. Then she couldn't get away from me." muttered Izuku.

Toga too, felt a similar way towards Izuku. The way he looked at her, with unwavering trust and kindness, made her heart skip a beat. Even with this, she sometimes felt as if she only felt this way because of her abandonment trauma. She still needed more time to think.

As the sun began to set, casting a warm golden glow over the park, Izuku and Toga bid farewell to Sho, Shiggy, and Momo.

Walking back to U.A. High, Izuku and Toga relished in the quiet bliss of the evening. They knew that their journey as heroes would be filled with challenges and dangers, but they tried not to let it get to them.