Chapter 10 ( Eradescent )

I opened my eyes and was immediately blinded by the bright sun. I slowly opened my eyes and I looked out my bedroom window. I turned my body towards Roc who stared at the ceiling fan as it rotated above our heads. I laid my head on his chest and listened to his heart beat at a steady pace. He played with my hair as I laid there.

" How did you sleep." Roc asked still staring at the ceiling.

" Okay, and you. " 

" Great because your laying right next to me. " I smiled and then my smile faded. I wished I could be next to him all the time but he had work to tend to. I didn't like the illicit behavior he was apart of but I loved him not his job.

" What's wrong baby." he asked looking at me.

" Nothing it's just, since we got here I haven't been anywhere, seen anything."

" Baby I bought you a car. You could've gone anywhere at anytime. That's why I bought the car. "

" I know that Roc but where am I going, who do I know. I don't know how to get from place to place and back home.

" I'm sorry Bae. I never thought about it like that. Matter-of-fact get dressed." he said getting out the bed and going in the bathroom. I followed behind him and went in the bathroom as well. We both showered, got dressed and went on the adventure Roc had planned.

*******************************************************************************************

I held Roc's hand as we walked through New York shopping away. Roc already bought me five bags filled with clothes, designer bags, makeup, etc. I was enjoying every minute of roc's attention and it reminded me of when we became close friends.

" Let's stop in here bae."  Roc said pulling me in Jewl's Jewelry. There were glass boxes filled with diamond necklaces, rings, bracelets, etc. All of them were nothing but beautiful.

" Let's look at the rings. " Roc said guiding me towards the rings. " Do any of them stand out to you. " he asked me.

" They all do, but I don't want you to get any ideas. " I said

" What are you trying to say; you don't wanna marry me. "

" Of course I do. It's just too soon for me right now. "

" I understand and I won't pressure you to ever do anything you don't want to do but I wasn't tryna wife you. I mean i do but I was thinking of a small promise ring, Eri. "  

I chuckled at how the thoughts that were going through my head. I felt so dumb but I was more embarrassed.

" A promise ring, huh. " I smiled then started to search through the glass looking for a ring that stood out.

" May I help you two. " The clerk said coming our way.

" Yes please."

" How may I help you. " she said flashing us her pearly whites. I studied her appearance. She looked like she was in her early forties nothing over. I looked at her name tag and it read Carolina. 

" We would like to see the third ring closer to the right. " Roc pointed Carolina unlocked the glass and  started to look for the ring. I couldn't tell which one he was referring to but hey were all equally nice and I knew I couldn't really decide. She placed the ring on top of the glass and Roc looked at me waiting on a response. The ring was exquisite. It was shaped beautiful like a heart and it pointed towards me. Roc took the ring and placed it on my finger.

" A beautiful ring for a beautiful girl." Roc said admiring the ring. He pulled me close to him and gave me a passionate kiss. " I love you Eradescent ."