Finally, They're Here (SW) // #1

// this is gonna be short since my brain is just weeble wobble so enjoy

It's been years since the aftermath. Nobody brought the subject up, they were prohibited from doing this to begin with due to their friends' sensitivity; he didn't want either of the two to be further withdrawn from him. If anything, it made him more empty rather than depressed. It's the silence that kept him awake, even worsening to the point where he became restless. Having an abundance of negative emotions occurring simultaneously felt off, yet it strangely felt right.

Going back to the present: he couldn't keep his voided eyes peeled; Tom kept glancing over the door as he waited for any sudden movement. He's received nothing from anybody, not even a text message. He didn't move from the current position he was in on the couch, with his body facing upwards at the ceiling; his pair of hands crossed over his chest. His worrisome state began to grow. The last time the three have spoken with each other were months ago, it felt as if years had passed. That may be a weird sense of exaggeration, sure, but it's the unexpected that came. The full realization didn't kick in until a few minutes later, when a couple of gunshots were heard from a distance.

Although that didn't alarm the smaller male, Tom got his thoughts interrupted when a knock was heard on his door. A wave of relief brushed through the air as he sat up, stretching his arms out, and then paced through the entrance of his apartment; quickly opening it up. The rush of enjoyment had blossomed within his heart. After months of feeling dreadful to the point of questioning his relationship with the two, now's the opportunity to open up to them. He already had a smile plastered on his face, tears now beginning to swell up his voids. He began to speak softly.

Another gunshot rang, and this time: it wasn't distant.