Tom x Reader: An Insomniac Pair (SW) // #10

// the reader is gender neutral and will be using they/them pronouns. enjoy the fluff <3

Twilight gazed upon the sky at 23:25 p.m., half of the members in the household were sleeping like a log; sleeping gracefully while drooling obscurely, receiving tepidness from their pulposus quilts as they pressed their whole body onto the mattress. Meanwhile, the duet that was awake was keeping themselves occupied with music: Y/N kept an earbud in and played music from their electronic device, whereas their partner Tom was playing his bass; they were seated upon his bed. Harmony filled the air with each other's presence: it was warm-hearted to be close to one another physically, since Y/N's shoulder was brushing against Tom's. He enjoyed the feeling, he wasn't going to bother questioning it nor deny it; just as long as his partner was okay, then everything's been normalized. It was likewise for the other.

After an hour passed by, Y/N was filled with boredom by virtue of partaking their interest in multiple songs: none of them piqued their interest, music is alternatively endless since there are several possibilities on what genre is most suitable for them. They removed their earbud and sat on their boyfriend's lap, nuzzling into his neck as they wrapped their entire body around the others; keeping him close. Tom was startled at first: he'd consider himself as a non-tactile person for the reason that he's not comfortable with physical contact. It's not because of Y/N, it was more of the fact that he's not a touchy guy, although he did successfully manage to feel comfortable when the pair began dating each other. He loves them, if anything he would give them the entire world: his heart melts whenever they make an appearance, whether it'd be in the morning, evening, or at night: he truly does care about them. He views his significant other as a bed of roses: they give solace to him; he ends up melting into their touch afterward.

Tom's face was filled with crimson, he slowly but surely leaned into their touch; playing his bass as he heard his partner drift off into slumber. He hummed the tone to the current song he was playing then sang quietly, Y/N enjoyed their beau's silvery singing; clear, light, yet pleasant. It's what suited them the most. He proceeded to play the instrument for 35 minutes at this rate, he had little to no bother on what everyone else was doing. Even if it meant they were sleeping.

Once the time limit stopped, he himself was asleep; holding on to their partner while the musical instrument ended up dropping onto the floor. He didn't care at that moment, and neither did Y/N.